Company: Great Western Bank
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: March 24, 2020
General Description and Essential FunctionsThis position will be
responsible for conducting internal audits with the potential of
leading audits depending on experience level. Internal audits
conducted will primarily include operational and financial audits,
as well as tests of internal controls over financial reporting.
Candidates should have the ability to obtain an understanding of
the processes, risks and controls of business areas audited;
develop the scope and audit objectives, develop audit programs,
plan and schedule audits, complete the field work, write audit
reports, track audit issues, and work with management to resolve
- Assist in conducting internal audits, including planning,
executing and reporting phases of the audit.
- Conduct research and process walkthroughs of business areas to
assist in identifying and documenting processes, risks and
- Assist in the development of audit objectives, scope and audit
program based on the risk assessment conducted.
- Perform audit tests and document work performed and
- Identity opportunities to use tools and techniques, including
data analytics, to improve quality and efficiency.
- Assist in performing Internal Audits documentation and testing
of controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial or operational
deficiencies noted during audits.
- Become a resource for management throughout the Bank. Represent
Internal Audits goals, objectives and viewpoints.
- Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to
Great Western Bank policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous
manner at all times.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting,
or related field.
- 1-4 years of Banking, Finance, or Audit experience. Salary
commensurate with experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and
- Knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting
- Professional certification preferred or willingness to pursue
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral and written
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and
complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Less than 10% travel if located in Sioux Falls, SDEqual
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Great Western Bank, Sioux Falls , Financial Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!