Company: Maintainer Corp of Iowa
Posted on: February 23, 2021
General Responsibility Statement The Senior Accountant's
responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing
account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting
with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as
assigned. Essential Job Responsibilities
- Performs general accounting and other related duties in the
- Prepares financial analyses and reports.
- Prepares revenue projections and forecast expenditures.
- Prepare and monitor budgets.
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger
- Contribute to development of new or amended accounting systems,
programs, and procedures.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and
closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits,
and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable
and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary
account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualification
RequirementsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill,
and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Education, Reasoning ability, and or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- A minimum of three years' experience in accounting or finance
is required. Communication and Language skills Ability to read and
comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write correspondence and financial reports. Ability to
effectively present information in one-on-one situations. Ability
to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Needs a thorough
understanding of accounting functions and processes. Physical
Demands Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Required to sit for long periods of time and use CRT, PC
computer, typewriter, and calculator keyboards and keypads. Must be
able to sit for prolonged periods at a desk working on a computer.
Required to use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects,
likewise, reach with arms and hands. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is also at times, exposed to moving
mechanical machinery, fumes and/or airborne particulates. Other
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses basic computer and keyboarding skills. Familiar with
all Microsoft Office Suite Programs, particularly excel.
- Accounting software experience is preferred. Supervisory
Responsibilities:This position does include supervisory
responsibilities of the accounting assistant and office
Maintainer is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Keywords: Maintainer Corp of Iowa, Sioux Falls , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Sheldon, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!