Company: UNIV OF SIOUX FALLS
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Institution: University of Sioux Falls Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Classification: Full-time/12-month/Non-exemptDepartment: University
MarketingReports: Director of Marketing & Communications Date
Posted: January 24, 2023 GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION The Graphic
Designer position in the University of Sioux Falls Marketing
Department acts as the in-house design agency for the USF
community, with the notable exception of USF Athletics. The Graphic
Designer oversees the graphic design process from start to finish
and serves as the project manager for in-house and contracted
graphic design services and projects. The Graphic Designer produces
a wide variety of quality promotional and publicity materials in
print or digital formats-and creates original designs that adhere
to the University's brand and graphic standards. MAJOR FUNCTIONS A.
- Conceptualizes, designs, and produces professional graphic
- Initiates project activity, manages requests, takes ownership,
and follows through to completion. Conducts follow-ups with
individuals as necessary, including internal clients and external
- Demonstrates extreme accuracy in all communications and
presentations, proofs all materials, and secures appropriate final
- Maintains University identity, quality, and consistency in all
- Possesses knowledge of print and web production to aid graphic
- Coordinates publications, signage, and promotional product
orders and reorders. B. Organization and Workflow
- Serves as project manager for in-house and contracted graphic
- Maintains an organized archive of images, photos, and previous
- Successfully manages multiple projects and deadlines with
confidence and accuracy. C. Collaborative and Team Environment
- Ability to interpret a client's needs to determine the scope of
projects, advise strategic direction to reach a particular
audience, messages the design should portray, etc.
- Communicates effectively, timely, and professionally with all
internal and external contacts. D. Other
- Assists with other projects individually and as a part of the
University Marketing team, as assigned and pertains to the
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design required or demonstration
of like degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in design is
- Higher education experience is a plus.
- Proven experience working independently and with minimal
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to
prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using current industry-standard
graphic arts technology, including, but not limited to, the
following: proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically
Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign); knowledge of CMYK and RGB
color spaces; awareness of web publishing technologies and
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent
customer service skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the marketing department,
other University departments, colleagues, and business
- Commitment to higher education at a Christian University.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds;
successfully pass a required background check and be able to stand,
sit and walk as a part of performing the duties of this job.
- Possess a current/valid driver's license with the ability to
travel occasionally. APPLICATION Applicants should provide a letter
of application, resume, and contact information for a minimum of
three professional references. Applicants will be considered only
if all previously mentioned items are submitted to USF. Review of
applications will begin immediately and continue until the position
is filled. NO TELEPHONE CALLS The University of Sioux Falls is an
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected
Keywords: UNIV OF SIOUX FALLS, Sioux Falls , Graphic Designer, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!