Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Manpower Engineering
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Our team has an immediate need for a Senior Manufacturing
Engineer in South Central Minnesota. In this role you will utilize
your expertise to facilitate change across the manufacturing
facility. In your role you will plan and deliver multiple
industrialization projects, ensuring limited impact on production.
You will be responsible for the daily production support, facility
layout, implementation of new equipment and tooling, and staffing
capacity planning for the manufacturing site. This role offers a
very competitive wage, bonus incentive, as well as an outstanding
relocation plan if that is needed. Essential Duties And
Responsibilities These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and
other duties may be assigned.
- Manage a respective "Production Zone" with relation to
providing industrial engineering support to achieve key performance
- Research and formulate plans to accomplish major projects,
including manpower estimates, cost estimates and implementation
- Compare legacy product design to new product design to identify
differences in components and labor content including reviewing
bill of material (BOM) for accuracy in support of proposal
- Review and provide feasibility guidance around engineering
change notices being considered for production implementation.
- Collaborate with design teams to identify and drive design
changes that improve manufacturability of core product.
- Identify & lead process improvements in the areas of safety,
quality, and productivity utilizing lean and six sigma principles
- Assist in regular line re-balancing to support changes in
production goals and product changes.
- Participate in new product launch activities and proto/pilot
work as needed.
- Develop and mentor assigned industrial engineers and
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing
Engineering or in a related field.
- Three(3) or more years in industrial engineering and process
design and/or improvement.
- Prior experience with leading small to medium sized
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
including a strong emphasis on Excel.
- Well experienced using AutoCAD, DrafSight, or similar drafting
software to produce layout and process flows.
- Strong written & verbal communications skills.Preferred
- Strong lean background and demonstrated ability to lead
significant improvement projects.
- Experience working within the heavy equipment manufacturing
industry or automobile industry.
- Experience in automotive assembly operations with demonstrated
application of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools.
- Prior experience with JD Edwards or related AS400 system.
- Experience putting together proposals that include financial
costs breakdowns and returns to support process improvements.
Keywords: Manpower Engineering, Sioux Falls , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Jackson, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!