Field Service Technician in Austin, TX - $8,000 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Texas Disposal Systems
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Mechanic Job Summary:
The Field Service Technician I diagnoses and repairs company
assets, completes repair order documentation and assists other
maintenance personnel when required.
View Duties and Job Functions
* Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where
* Diagnose and repair company assets.
* Fuel and lubricate all equipment on an eight-hour interval.
* Perform technical inspections and document findings.
* Perform preventive maintenance duties.
* Perform field maintenance repairs according to work pending
reports, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and Preventative
Maintenance (PM) schedules.
* Request parts required.
* Document repair operations and time tracking in accordance with
* Ensure service trucks are kept clean, organized, and maintained
properly and ready for use at all times.
* Immediately report any safety violations and correct unsafe acts
* Adhere to policies and procedures governing sites and safety.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, and Flexible Spending Plans
* 401(k) plan and Life Insurance
* Short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD)
* Employee Assistant Program (EAP) and Employee discounts
* Paid time off along with specific paid holidays
* Stepping Stone School - monthly tuition discount
* Gold's Gym - discounted group rate
* Dell - discounted group rate
* UT Athletics - discounted tickets
* Three to five years' industrial and heavy equipment maintenance
experience; a technical degree and 1-3 years' experience; military
service in a related field
* Must possess own tools, Or be willing to purchase them
* Must have excellent communication skills
* Valid Texas Class C driver's license
* Must provide a Moving Vehicle Report (MVR) showing at least 3
years of clean driving record
View Preferred Requirements
* High school diploma or its equivalent
* ASE Certifications in Diesel Automotive
* John Deer training certificates
* Caterpillar training certificates
* Case training certifications
* Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certified
* Valid Texas Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Fleet Maintenance Director Job Summary:
The Maintenance Director is responsible for directing the company's
maintenance department managers, supervisors, and workers to ensure
that the department plans for, prioritizes, completes, and
documents all preventive and corrective maintenance on company
equipment, including rolling stock, industrial equipment,
compactors, and containers. This position supports the other
members of the management team and drives the company's best
practices with regards to equipment maintenance, capital
expenditures and departmental strategy and budgeting.
Noticeably Different, Noticeably Better. Founded in 1977, the
locally owned and managed Texas group of companies is committed to
providing the highest quality and environmentally friendly waste
and recycling services. Our services include waste management,
solid waste disposal, compost production and recycling operations.
Our Commercial Fleet Maintenance Department supports over 500
View Essential Duties
* Build and manage a skilled and capable team of managers,
supervisors, and staff in the maintenance department, which
includes recruiting, training, mentoring, reviewing performance,
and administering disciplinary action.
* Ensure full compliance with safety and environmental regulations,
as well as with company policies and procedures.
* Promote proper and intelligent diagnostic practices to minimize
the cost of repairs and equipment down-time.
* Instill quality practices in inventory controls, preventive
maintenance, facilities and equipment appearance maintenance, as
well as in maintenance repairs.
* Facilitate constant improvements in customer service through
collaboration with the management team.
* Run cost-effective department by any number of means, including
boosting productivity and eliminating excessive expenditures.
* Improve the company's ROI by researching and recommending capital
expenditures; identifying strengths and weaknesses in personnel,
equipment, materials, and property; and analyzing major repairs or
replacements to mitigate or prevent future occurrences.
* Approve requisitions and maintain the department's budget
* Maintain the integrity of company assets, personnel, and
maintenance information data in the company-defined appropriate
* Other duties as assigned
Fleet Maintenance Director Requirements:
* Experience in maintenance management dealing with fleets of more
than 1,000 units, including trucks, trailers, industrial equipment,
composting equipment, material handlers, conveyors, compactors,
excavation equipment, forklifts, welding equipment, pickup trucks,
trash trucks and support equipment
* At least 10 years of hands-on mechanical experience.
* Strong leadership skills with a service oriented mentality
* Experience with inventory management, DOT regulations and OSHA
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
* Advanced computer skills with the Microsoft Office suite - e.g.,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
* Ability to work well within a privately held company
* Working knowledge of general business practices
* Ability to establish priorities and manage workload in a fast
paced work environment
* Bachelor's degree in maintenance or related field
* Experience managing workers in multiple facilities and remote
* Maintenance management/supervisory certificates and training
* Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)training
* Mack, Allison Transmission, Holdex, Cummins
TDS offers competitive compensation package including base salary,
bonus opportunities, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with
match and personal time off (PTO) benefits. Salary based on
experience and skill set.
Keywords: Texas Disposal Systems, Sioux Falls , Field Service Technician in Austin, TX - $8,000 Sign-On Bonus, Engineering , Madison, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!