Company: AGCO Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
AGCO, a global leader in the design, manufacture, and
distribution of agricultural solutions has an exciting career
opportunity for an NPI Quality Engineer to join our team in
Jackson, MN. The NPI Quality Engineer will enhance, foster, and
improve preventive Design quality as well as drive sustainable and
long-term improvement of field quality through design. This
position will support AGCOs objective to become number one in
customer perceived quality and coordinate and supervise all
quality-related tasks in NPI relating to Component Manufacturing,
execute assigned quality tasks in NPI, interface to design,
quality, and manufacturing engineers in supply, build, and field.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly understand current component manufacturing
capabilities and evaluate NPI components to provide recommendations
to best match capabilities.
- Collaborate with design engineers throughout all phases of the
design process to ensure that product is designed to fully utilize
fabrication and welding technologies within the Jackson Component
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to establish the
production processes and test methods in component
- Actively participate in manufacturing project core teams
representing the Quality organization for the Component
- Coordinate the readiness for production on all NPI and model
year projects for fab, weld, and paint.
- Involved in current product deficiencies to understand
- Ensure product performance through participation in D/PFMEA
risk assessment and implementation of effective process
- Key Product & Process Characteristics - KCC - control plan -
work instructions: support KCC definition, control plans, and
quality relevant aspects in work instructions, in collaboration
with assembly quality engineers
- Report general process capabilities for most parts and
gather/report statistical process capabilities for critical and
trouble parts relating to NPI for Component Manufacturing.
- Manage the stabilization of NPI transitions: evaluate
in-process quality data and drive corrective action as required to
maximize product manufacturability and mitigate business
- Be the primary point of contact for NPI quality issues, for
field follow reported issues, and for in-process issues
representing the Component Manufacturing Team.
- Stay abreast of new technologies to provide input to design to
drive improvement in cost and quality.
- Support Prototype Builds: team member representing Component
Manufacturing for the NPI-project for required design measures
- Process Verification: team member
- Error and Mistake Proofing: managing in collaboration with
tooling and weld engineers
- Manufacturing OK to Produce Criteria: responsible for the
definition, verification, initiation of countermeasures if
required, tracking of measure implementation, escalation if
- Manufacturing Cost Summary: responsible for quality relevant
- Gage and Test Equipment Evaluation: contributes, is informed,
assures that DMFEA results are integrated and respected Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
Preferred experience as a new product introduction team leader or
team member, preferably in the same or similar industry.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings/blueprints, and
understand how to apply GD&T
- Experience/knowledge in the fabrication, welding, and paint
- Familiar with materials used in metal fabrication
- Knowledge and understanding of welding processes
- Familiar with product engineering systems
- Experience with virtual builds, simulation, product validation,
and agriculture background is a plus
- Familiar in concepts of tooling design as it relates to
fabrication and welding processes
Keywords: AGCO Corporation, Sioux Falls , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Jackson, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!