Engineering Test Intern
Company: Raven Industries
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: November 24, 2022
With more than 65 years of lighter-than-air innovation and
expertise, we're dedicated to connecting, protecting, and saving
lives through our work in Aerospace and Defense.Our team is
committed to rapid innovation of highly technical and
groundbreaking technology that enhances security and connects the
world. Specializing in stratospheric platforms, radar systems,
protective wear, and deployment operations, our team is
continuously innovating at the edge of the space and
beyond.SummaryAerostar is looking for a test intern to support our
mission to connect, protect, and save lives. The intern will be
expected to complete specified projects and tasks within internship
or co-op period. The desired candidate will have skills in
electrical engineering or software development which will support
testing and root causing issues with stratospheric balloon and
radar systems in a manufacturing environment.
Aerostar's customers include commercial entities, NASA, and the
Department of Defense. If you're looking for a dynamic, growing
team environment in the sweet spot between "start-up" and "large
defense contractor" cultures, and with a results-oriented,
fast-paced team, this is the job for you.
- Evaluate test requirementsbased on specifications, standard
procedures, and internal/external requirements.
- Execute and document tests.
- Contribute to the design and construction of production tests
and test fixtures.
- Prepare reports of testing data, evaluate, and provide
recommendations based on findings. Lead or contribute input for
- Support root cause investigation of found issues.
- Support development of tools and processes to automate test
execution and environment simulation.
- Complete projects as assigned within internship
- Attend Aerostar sponsored training and educational
- Engage and participate in Aerostar sponsored events.
- Work closely with assigned mentor and manager to reach a
successful completion of internship.
- Provide periodic updates to managers and peers on assigned
- Complete summer end internship presentation.
- College student or recent graduate in specified course of study
necessary to be successful in defined internship position.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously,
without close supervision.
- Problem-solving abilities. Ability to identify waste and
creatively look for solutions.
- Ability to work with high level of confidentiality.
- Capacity to be flexible and multitask.
- Proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and
EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityBENEFITS TO YOU
Not all benefits are created equal, but we've got you covered. We
not only offers a wide range of benefits that encourage wellness
and preventative care, but we also provide the right tools and
programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes
medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and disability insurance
and 401k. EEOC STATEMENT
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all
qualified employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital
status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local
We are a manufacturer covered by ITAR 22 CFR 120-130 and all team
members must be a United States Person.#LI-DNI
Keywords: Raven Industries, Sioux Falls , Engineering Test Intern, Engineering , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!