Transportation Design Engineer - Mid-Level
Company: Felsburg Holt & Ullevig
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: May 27, 2023
This mid-level civil engineer will have the opportunity to work
on a wide range of transportation projects. The candidate will work
mostly under the direction of a senior project manager on
transportation projects by performing the following duties. It is
anticipated that this mid-level engineer will have opportunities to
manage smaller transportation assignments to grow their project
management skills to manage larger projects over time. The position
is located in our Sioux Falls Office. Essential duties and
responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Uses computer assisted engineering design software/equipment to
prepare engineering/design plans and documents, with preferred
emphasis in MicroStation InRoads/OpenRoads and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Preparation and modification of design criteria, designs,
plans, specifications, opinions of probable costs, and reports for
- Coordination of all design elements of a project including
roadway design, traffic engineering, environmental mitigation,
structural design, and drainage design, particularly in development
of design surface modeling.
- Assists in establishing design-fee budgets, estimating,
scoping, and marketing strategies for proposed design
- Responsible for assisting with the creation of project
schedules for design projects. Will work on several projects at any
one time and prioritize schedules and deadlines for projects.
- Instruct and assist designers/technicians with project designs
and construction document production.
- Responsible for ensuring project team quality system tasks are
followed as defined in FHU's quality manual.
- Mentor other Junior Engineers and Designers in projects and
- Responsible for coordinating design engineering assistance
during construction including answering construction related
requests for information, revision to design during construction,
and shop drawing review.
- Responsible for coordinating with project clients to meet
budget, schedule, quality, and overall project goals on smaller
projects for municipal and SDDOT clients. Requirements Education
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an accredited
four-year college or university required.
- Experience in MicroStation InRoads/OpenRoads and/or AutoCAD
Civil 3D is desired with emphasis in surface modeling.
- 3 to 10 years Transportation Engineering experience including
but not limited to roadway, highway, interchange, and equivalent
transportation design engineering.
- Ability to multi-task several projects at one time while
staying on budget and on schedule.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondences and use
tools such as MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
general public including the use of PowerPoint.
- Experience in development of roadway plans, specifications, and
opinions of probable costs.
- EI required, South Dakota PE (or ability to obtain via
reciprocity) is desired
- Ability to travel (by car, public transit, or other means) for
work related tasks. Benefits At FHU we seek to provide a benefits
package that helps our team maintain a healthy work-life balance -
a concept that is a guiding principle for us. Employees enjoy
- Medical/RX, HSA, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability; all of
which FHU contributes a significant portion towards or, for some
plans, covers 100% of the premiums
- Generous Vacation and Sick leave programs
- 401(k) with employer match
- Adoption Assistance program
- Flexible schedules & Remote works options
- Professional and career development opportunities including
tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
- Support of employee participation in professional and technical
societies & various civic organizations.
- Reimbursement of professional certification and registration
fees. FHU Employees are encouraged to participate in a variety of
internal committees which include groups such as the Technology
Committee, CAD Committee, FHUlanthropy Committee and the FHUn
Committee, which plans multiple events that keep energy (and
bragging rights) high and helps us remain a tight-knit team. We
also enjoy many opportunities to socialize at various FHU sponsored
events throughout the year.
Keywords: Felsburg Holt & Ullevig, Sioux Falls , Transportation Design Engineer - Mid-Level, Engineering , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...