Cloud Services Engineer
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT) has an immediate need for a Cloud Services Engineer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. SGT, headquartered in Greenbelt Maryland, is the primary Technical Services and Support Contractor (TSSC) to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) for performing work at the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center near Sioux Falls, SD. The Cloud Services Engineer will join our team in supporting the Landsat mission.
The ideal candidate for this position must have experience and expertise in design, architecture and development of Cloud solutions. The candidate should also have experience with cloud infrastructures at enterprise scale. The candidate will support Federal Government clients in their cloud operations to enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technical landscape. This includes interviewing clients to understand application and infrastructure current state; leading client working sessions to identify, categorize, prioritize and analyze data and information to work into cloud migration action plans; and working with project teams to migrate legacy applications to their cloud platform. The successful candidate will be joining a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment where they will be a key player with technical development responsibilities. A candidate for this position will be a self-starter who values their work and that of their team members
The work encompasses, but is not limited to --
* Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, highly reliable and fault-tolerant systems
* Migrating existing complex on-premises applications to the cloud platform
* Selecting appropriate cloud services to design and deploy an application based on the business requirements
* Implementing cost control strategies on the cloud infrastructure
* Participating in software development processes with quality assurance, version control and build processes
* Working with management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within areas of responsibility
* Assisting the project manager in preparing estimates and justification for assigned tasks
* Occasional travel may be required
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
Experience: Must have a minimum of 8 years of IT work experience, with at least four years experience with cloud services
* Demonstrated experience of design and implementation of micro-services architecture
* Experience of utilizing progressive design patterns that make use of serverless technologies, dynamic scaling, event models, cost optimizations and platform services
* Experience of lift and shift of an existing on-premises application to the cloud
* Experience of designing with appropriate cloud services like Lambda, Batch, Container Service, and SQS
* Experience of network integration and Cloud connectivity of public and private environments; Ingress and egress of data to and from the cloud
* Experience of compute and storage management and cost control mechanisms
* High proficiency in written and oral communications, especially regarding cloud solution work products
Other Desired Skills:
* Knowledge of cloud reference architectures and cloud services best practices
* Experience with cloud services databases (RDS, Aurora and PostgreSQL) is a plus
* Strong experience in detailed technical analysis and preparation of estimates
* AWS certifications preferred
* Knowledge of and experience with Federal security regulations, standards, and processes including FISMA, FIPS, NIST, and FedRAMP is a plus
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain credentials for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the SGT website (Http://www.sgt-inc.com). This position may be filled by a SGT teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Keywords: SGT,Inc., Sioux Falls , Cloud Services Engineer, Engineering , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!