Principal Product Development Engineer
Company: Raven Industries
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: July 14, 2019
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical
solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in
engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven
today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance
specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to
Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded
in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align
with our values.
Deeply committed to protecting Earth's resources and preserving
asset value, Raven Engineered Films produces high-quality flexible
film and sheeting. From rugged, textured pond liners to
highly-technical balloon film as thin as a sandwich bag, our
lighter, stronger film and sheeting solutions are developed to
solve demanding challenges. We are looking for dedicated team
members to helps us on our pursuit of operational excellence and
quality at all levels.
The Principal Product Development Engineer will develop innovative
new products to solve problems in related field, and provide
continual refinement of existing products within the Engineered
- Research, design, develop, coordinate and evaluate new product
development projects. Perform or facilitate installation/testing
related to the new product, system, or process of
- Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new product
or enhancement of existing products or processes.
- Lead successful execution and documentation for new product
designs, and all phases of a project.
- Coordinate and provide engineering assistance to internal teams
or external customers.
- Keep abreast of evolving developments that impact the business
in areas of design, application, and methods of
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if new product meets
functional and performance specifications.
- Develop and optimize product costs to maximize value and
- May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new
or existing products or processes.
- May assist with quote or request for quote process.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, in field related
to specific position.
- Expert engineer with 12+ years of career experience, with
Bachelor's degree. Or equivalent combination of education and
- Has complete knowledge of the field and able to handle complex
assignments. Uses advanced techniques in modification or extension
of theories or practices to complete assignments.
--- Has plastic extrusion and compounding experience.
--- Has experience with polyolifin plastics and thier related
--- Plans and executes complex engineering activities.
- Performs work of a complex scope, where data requires in-depth
evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises independent judgment with broadly defined practices
and policies in obtaining results.
- Has critical project technical leadership responsibility; may
plan or delegate work assignments for lower level engineers and
- Works under minimal supervision, and may provide
- Displays outstanding contribution and impact to the team and
- Innovative in nature, and contributes new product
- Has knowledge of the business side, and contributes to
- Furthers knowledge of profession through continued education
and/or providing mentorship. Contributes to profession through
writing white papers. Recognized externally by peers as an expert
- Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related
to position as identified by department leadership.
- Understanding of Lean Principles and manufacturing processes
- Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
- High level of customer service skills. Well-developed problem
analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Proficiency with a computer, including use of Microsoft Word
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Individually accountable for results.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify waste and find creative solutions.
- Demonstrate flexibility, and able to multitask.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Sioux Falls
Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, R&D Engineer, Engineering
Apply Now --
Keywords: Raven Industries, Sioux Falls , Principal Product Development Engineer, Engineering , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!