Executive Director of Admissions
Company: UT Tyler
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Press Control+M to start dragging object A single PDF or Word
document containing a resume, letter of interest, and a list of
three (3) professional references is required to apply. When
prompted to upload your "resume", upload your combined documents as
- Please do not upload documents to "Cover Letter" or
"References". If the required application materials were not
uploaded at the "resume" prompt, please withdraw your application
and re-apply to upload your combined documents as one file. Job
Description Responsible for strategic enrollment management;
including the management of all activities and personnel associated
with the planning and implementation of current strategies and
goals. Essential Functions
- Lead the Office of Admissions, both in its strategic direction
and its complex daily operations using exceptional leadership and
supervisory skills. This includes admissions and office policy
development and implementation; management of financial resources;
professional development; and, staff supervision to further develop
and support a strong admissions staff that is recruitment-centric,
optimistic, empowered, responsive, innovative, results-oriented,
- Make data-informed enrollment projections and strategic
recruitment and admissions decisions by routinely analyzing data to
shape strategic directions and make appropriate adjustments to an
integrated marketing plan that clearly identifies and defines
historical University enrollment patterns and forecasts trends in
new-student markets; regularly reassess the effectiveness of
recruitment activities and make appropriate adjustments to
continuously refine goals and strategies to reflect a
- Budget authority; responsible for working with the Associate
Vice President of Enrollment Management to create and implement the
budget for recruitment.
- Develop and manage an expedient and effective application
processing plan. Understand technological innovations and lead the
process of harnessing emerging technologies and leveraging
technology investments that can support the processes within
admissions and enrollment to attract, admit, enroll, and best serve
a larger and more diverse applicant pool to identify "best fit"
students for East Texas and beyond.
- Collaborate with all levels and departments of the University,
including Academic Affairs, Marketing, UT Tyler Online, Academic
Advising and Orientation, Graduate Admissions, Institutional
Analysis, Financial Aid, the Office of the Registrar, and, Academic
Colleges and Departments.
- Second in command of University Enrollment Management and will
back-up and represent the Associate Vice President for University
Enrollment Management as appropriate and needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Required
- Master's Degree.
- Extensive experience with recruitment and a proven track record
of success with strategic recruitment of targeted markets.
- Experience in managing a recruitment team.
- Significant and appropriate experience in college admissions,
including increasingly complex responsibility in a leadership
position. --Preferred Qualifications
- Doctorate in Higher Education or related field.
- Possess a sophisticated understanding of the applications of
technology to the functions of the Office of Admissions (e.g.,
Connect, Engage, Peoplesoft, imaging technology).
- Ability to investigate best practices via involvement with
state, regional, and/or national organizations (e.g., NACAC,
AACRAO). Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An ability to communicate effectively to engage students,
parents, and alumni of UT Tyler and to explain complex concepts,
ideas, and issues to a broad range of campus constituents.
- The willingness and skills necessary to serve as a visible
representative for UT Tyler and its programs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower staff.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills to involve faculty, staff,
and current students in recruitment.
- Employ excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- A willingness to travel extensively. Working Conditions
- Sitting, standing, walking, and bending
- Repetitive use of a keyboard
- May work around standard office conditions
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 15 lbs. About The University of
Texas at Tyler The University of Texas at Tyler is part of the
prestigious University of Texas System that includes 14
institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT
Tyler today enrolls more than 10,000 students and consists of six
colleges. Our beautiful--Tyler--campus features more than 200 acres
nestled along a lake and surrounded by thick pine and oak forests,
providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. For
student convenience, we also maintain regional campuses
in--Palestine--and--Longview, as well as a location in--Houston. We
encourage you to--visit our campus--and see for yourself why UT
Tyler is where you'll feel at home-and find your best path.
Additional Information The retirement plan for this position is
Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position
being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
This position has the option to elect the Optional Retirement
Program (ORP) instead of TRS, subject to the position being 40
hours per week and at least 135 days in length. EEO/AA Statement
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things,
or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women,
minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities
are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: UT Tyler, Sioux Falls , Executive Director of Admissions, Executive , Tyler, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!