VP - FINANCE
Company: Hard Rock Cafe International, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The incumbent in this position is responsible for all accounting
and finance functions and ensuring the achievement of gaming
commission reporting and audit requirements; directs revenue audit,
games count, count room, accounts receivable, and income control
operations in order to assure the safeguarding of company assets,
compliance with company policies and procedures, and adherence to
regulatory requirements. Responsibilities ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work
performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock
their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively
building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team
members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Ensures delivery of superior internal and external guest
service with every interaction including the Hard Rock Competencies
of Business Results, Team member Engagement and Guest Engagement
for this position and responsible departments.
- Assumes management responsibility for day-to-day operations and
financial activities; successfully directs departments to fulfill
- Establishes department standard, guidelines and objectives, and
maintains other administrative processes such as budget and
staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of
- Develops reporting and monitoring systems to accomplish
objectives, maintains control of assets and fulfills regulatory
- Prepares operating budgets, monitor budgetary compliance and
take action on budget variance items.
- Hires, motivates, evaluates and directs management and other
staff in order to ensure team members receive adequate guidance to
achieve established department objectives; responsible for morale
of department and its team members through quality supervision and
- Formulates operating policies and procedures for responsible
departments. Coordinates and interfaces with Gaming/Lottery
regulators for company and audits and other regulatory issues;
oversees filing and reporting requirements imposed by the
- Designs, develops, implements, monitors, and maintains gaming
related management and accounting systems to ensure that systems
are consistent with accounting and gaming requirements. Involvement
in various other projects as assigned.
- Provides recommendations to management on issues pertaining to
gaming audit, accounting, and regulations in order to provide
informational and analytical support for management
- Keeps abreast of federal, state, and local laws to ensure
compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Performs special audits to provide high level of expertise on
matters of a complex or sensitive nature.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as
assigned. Qualifications This knowledge and these abilities is
typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree in business
administration, accounting, finance or closely related field, plus
7 to 10 years accounting and/or finance experience working for a
Gaming company in a senior level management role required.
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per
Federal, State, and Gaming/Lottery regulations
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age. KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Operations, services and activities of a comprehensive finance
and accounting program.
- Advanced principles and practices of financial and accounting
management, program development and administration.
- Gaming/lottery industry, including the role as it related to
various principles and practices of a capital and operational
- Principles and practices and their application to a wide
variety of financial transactions.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers
and applicable software applications such as word processing,
email, spreadsheets, and databases to include excellent working
knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Principles of supervision, training, and performance
evaluation; pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and
regulations. ABILITY TO:
- Manage and direct a comprehensive finance program.
- Develop and administer goals, objectives and procedures.
- Make unpopular and/or difficult decisions which benefit the
organization in the short and long term.
- Be a strategic, analytical, ethical and effective
- Forecast changes in the economic climate and/or profits and
- Select, supervise, train, and evaluate team members.
- Participate in the development and administration of goals,
objectives, and procedures.
- Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial
- Interpret and explain policies and procedures.
- Operate various types of office equipment.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work.
- Interpret and apply federal, state and local policies, laws and
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as
needed. Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this
moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Hard Rock Cafe International, Inc., Sioux Falls , VP - FINANCE, Executive , Gary, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!