Director, Business Development
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country where
the position is located. Director, Business Development,
Location: Davis, California, USA Reference ID: 1635Intrexon's
Agricultural Biotechnology Division (ABD) is focused on engineering
biology to develop products and solutions for enabling sustainable
food production for a growing population. With our precision
genetics and precision biological solutions we seek to improve the
quality of food and feed while preserving our valuable natural
ecosystems - Better World through Better DNA---. We are seeking a
Director, Business Development who is passionate about cutting edge
innovations in agriculture better for planet and people.The
Director, Business Development will work with the leadership of
intrexon's Ag Bio Division to identify and develop new business
opportunities within the agricultural space as well as build and
expand on the Company's presence. The incumbent will draw upon
their understanding of complex market dynamics to drive new market
opportunities for establishing potential partnerships in the
rapidly growing Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA). The
candidate will be heavily involved in business discussions and part
of a team to generate and execute on the creation of opportunities
to rapidly advance products and collaborations around the
platforms. The ideal candidate will have a diverse understanding of
the various agricultural market segments and production systems and
methodologies and have the capacity to perform commercial
assessment, including market viability, customer targeting, and
business case development. We are flexible on the location of this
role, with the understanding that there may be a need for onsite
meetings at our Davis, CA and/or Radford, VA locations.DUTIES AND
- Identify new sales and partnering opportunities that leverage
Intrexon's capabilities related to agricultural biotechnology
technology and products.
- Engage and enable partners to pursue "win-win" business plans
and models that support and promote Intrexon's strategy.
- Develop and execute business development plans based on product
development results and targeted account opportunities.
- Present Company technology, capabilities and product
development results and opportunities to potential and existing
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and
identify potential opportunities.
- Define strategies for identifying target markets and
competition to grow the Company's global presence.
- Represent the Company in emerging and established markets by
networking with potential business partners to create collaboration
- Provide expert opinions and recommendations in the market,
presenting opportunities and options.
- Structure appropriate partner models to achieve mutually
beneficial business results and drive execution of related
- Secure the necessary internal and external stakeholder support
across involved business units.
- Engage with key opinion leaders at conferences, trade events,
and other industry-specific engagements to help foster formal and
informal communication pathways.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Plant Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell
Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years related experience with at least five
(5) or more in agricultural biotechnology with a proven ability to
access key executives and close deals.
- Successful track record negotiating large-scale, complex
business agreements and transactions.
- Knowledgeable of relevant market, competitive, and technology
trends influencing the environment industry.
- Extensive contacts in the ag community are desired.
- Ability to apply a well-informed point of view to identify new
business opportunities, address partnership dynamics, and shape
innovative yet pragmatic business plans that drive tangible market
- Experience working with corporate partners, as well as
negotiating and completing agreements is required.
- Specific knowledge and experience with CEA is a plus.DESIRED
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstration of high integrity.
- Ability to keep communications confidential.
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to
- Ability to efficiently manage tasks and adjust rapidly to
changing environmental priorities.
- Demonstrate the highest ethical standards and
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on various
types of tasks.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in various situations.EOE MFDVLearn more and
atLhttps://careers.dna.com/Job/View?ID=gHPppI%2bkpDc%3d (NYSE: XON)
intrexon is addressing global challenges with precise control of
biological systems across four major biology classes - Microbes,
Plants, Animals, Human Cells - to protect our environment, promote
health and feed the growing populations of humans and animals. We
are driving innovation in new product development through the
integration of our technologies and we invite you to discover more
at www.dna.com . More positions from: Intrexon Corporation Posted
from September 3, 2018 until March 1, 2019
SeedQuest reference number: 100931 Applicants must be legally
eligible to work in the country where the position is located.
Copyright @ 1992-2021 SeedQuest - All rights reserved
Keywords: SeedQuest, Sioux Falls , Director, Business Development, Executive , Davis, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!