Director of Procurement - Sioux Falls, SD
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: June 24, 2022
ABOUT POETAt POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the
Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other
valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty
years our drive and passion to change the world has enabled us to
become the largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader
in bio-based products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture,
POET team members enjoy competitive pay and benefits including;
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person -
mentally, physically, and spiritually. We support health freedoms
and personal choices.
- 401K with company match
- Premium pay for qualifying positions
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- Safety and cold weather gear, and more!
ABOUT POET BIOPROCESSINGOur 33 bioprocessing facilities produce 3
billion gallons of bioethanol, 14 billion pounds of Dakota Gold
distillers grain animal feed and nearly 1 billion pounds of our
Voila corn oil. That's a lot of product! We also provide
plant-based products like CO2 for the food and beverage industry
and purified alcohol for use in products ranging from food and
beverage ingredients and personal care products to cleaning
supplies, hand sanitizer and industrial bioethanol. POET also
produces JIVE, a product that contributes to more sustainable
roadways by using plant-based ingredients to help recycle old
asphalt. We also buy over 930 million bushels of corn per year from
local producers. It is our role at POET Bioprocessing to ensure
safe, efficient, and profitable operations at each facility. JOB
SUMMARYAs Director of Procurement, you will be responsible for the
procurement function at POET. You will drive strategic
decision-making, logistics, and maintain best in class procurement
practices. You will negotiate heavily, determine policies and
practices, and develop a world-class buying function. The Director
of Procurement leads the business to the best possible outcome with
a long-range vision, great communication, and a "Can Do" attitude.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE), YOU WILL---
- Lead a team of Buyers responsible for maintaining vendor
relationships, negotiating the best value for POET, performing
strategic analysis and decision-making on behalf of 33
bioprocessing facilities and our construction division.
- Foster relationships with strategic suppliers to create
innovative and collaborative partnerships.
- Drive, participate, and evolve development of long-term
strategies to generate supply chain success while supporting and
influencing internal stakeholders.
- Support key category initiatives by providing direction in
supplier evaluation, selection & management, commercial agreements
negotiation, data analytics, and pricing reviews.
- Support processes to ensure best in class service from POET
vendors for internal customers.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance
with contractual obligations and to determine need for
- Develop and drive risk management strategies.
- Keep informed of new developments, methods, and techniques in
the profession and supplier industry.
- Initiate and lead improvement projects to current processes and
- Collaborate with bioprocessing and EPC technical staff to
ensure specifications and quality expectations continue to be
- Partner with other procurement staff to ensure accurate and
timely delivery with excellent customer service to our
bioprocessing facilities and construction projects.
- Effectively manage the team by recruiting, selecting, orienting
and training team members. Leadership responsibilities also include
delegating, coaching, managing performance and career development
to effectively execute departmental strategies and support company
- Since we're all about teamwork and getting the job done, your
skill may be put to a lot of other uses! STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL
- Degree in business or technical field and 5 years related
experience; or equivalent combination of education and
- P.M. or equivalent certification preferred.
- Great interpersonal skills, possessing a high degree of
professionalism and customer service.
- Demonstrated leadership, negotiation, and relationship-building
- Strong strategic and analytical skills to include complex
- Strong written and oral communication skills, decision-making,
and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills as well as
the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and changing
- Eager to change the world.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You're capable
of learning new programs.
GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN POETAt POET we believe in recognizing
team member contributions as they add value to the organization.
Team member skills and contributions are frequently assessed and
recognized through incentives and title progression. New team
member titles and pay are determined considering their
qualifications. WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Culture is king at POET. We're all on the same team. We always
communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren't just
slogans on our walls. It's the way we do things at POET.
- This position is largely self-directed and requires a thorough
understanding of company policy, procedures, and value.
- Some travel required.
- This position operates in office environment working at a
personal computer where you may sit or stand. POET is an Equal
Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
Not ready to apply yet?Join POET's Talent Network to stay connected
and receive updates on the latest careers!Copy and paste this link
to join: https://careers-poet.icims.com/connect
Keywords: POET, Sioux Falls , Director of Procurement - Sioux Falls, SD, Executive , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!