Feed Mill Assistant Manager
Company: Farmers Cooperative Society
Location: Sioux Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overall Job Function:The Feed Mill Assistant Manager provides
support to the Mill Manager in the oversight of the daily milling
operation, including but not limited to; manufacturing, delivery,
compliance, goals, and objectives, all while striving to meet the
demands of the customerEssential Job Functions:
- Provides support in all internal and external regulatory
compliance requirements for the facility are met OSHA, DOT and
- Ensures quality and customer service expectations are met or
exceeded. This mill is a multi-species mill and insuring quality
between species and textures is critical.
- Supports daily plains and direction of the Feed Mill
- Continually improves processes to ensure quality and customer
expectations are met or exceeded.
- Directs, guides, and manages mill employee work performance;
develop and retain talent.
- Develop and implement processes to improve operation efficiency
- Ensures cleanliness of the facility meets or exceeds HACCP
- Maintain and enforce location safety program to promote safe
behaviors in the workplace.
- Ensure plant equipment, rolling stock and housekeeping programs
are maintained properly.
- Assists with month end inventory.
- Works with feed mill operators, feed order writers and
transportation to ensure feed is efficiently each day.
- Administrative functions as need or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.Secondary Responsibilities:
- Understand DOT placarding and DOT hazardous rules.
- Ability to operate and understand mobile equipment.
- Possess mechanical skills to perform minor maintenance tasks on
grain equipment and property.
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- High level of customer service focus.
- Supports a consistent professional image of the company.
- Observes safety policy and procedure as an absolute.
- Attitude of positivity and reacts calmly under pressure.
- Work ethic of the highest integrity.
- Commitment to dependability and willingness to work to meet
goals and deadlines.
- Effectively solve problems of milling
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- Prefer previous milling or manufacturing experience.Benefits:
- 401k Company matches 50% up to 10%
- Vacation & Paid Holidays after 30 days of employment
- Company bonus incentive
- Excellent health insurance plans
- Dental & Vision available
- Short & Long Term Disability provided at no cost to you
- Life Insurance
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Clothing Allowance
- 10% Discount on purchases at the How-To Building CenterWork
Environment:This position is based in a fast paced agricultural
setting and is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and
vibrations. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving
mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles. The noise level is
usually moderate but occasionally may be loud. PPE will be provided
and must be utilized according to safety standards. Typical working
hours are based on customer and organizational demand; hours may be
long, irregular and including weekends and holidays during peak
season.While performing job functions the employee will be required
to talk and hear most of the time. The employee will spend frequent
intervals moving and sitting, while also needing to reach, bend,
twist, crawl, crouch, stoop or kneel. The employee will need to be
able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and able to climb ladders.
The physicality of this job is high.
- FCS job descriptions are a representation of a job requirements
knowledge, skills and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job. After reading the contents of this
job description, I understand the responsibilities, requirements
and duties expected of me. I acknowledge that I have received a
copy of this description for my records. I realize this document is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the position; however,
Farmers Cooperative Society reserves the right to revise, add or
eliminate job functions and duties as conditions warrant. I also
understand that I may be required to work overtime, different
shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek to
achieve the company's goals. I further understand that this job
description does not constitute a contract of employment, nor alter
my status as an "at-will" employee.
Keywords: Farmers Cooperative Society, Sioux Falls , Feed Mill Assistant Manager, Executive , Sioux Center, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!