Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Company: Sammons Financial
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: November 25, 2022
What you can expect as the Manager, Financial Planning &
Leadership position within the Financial Planning & Analysis team
within the Corporate Accounting Division. Lead team in preparation
and analysis of annual financial plan, rating agency deliverables,
home office expense, accrual, and fixed asset components of
financial statements and related analytical reports. Lead team in
utilizing technology and drive projects in support of team
objectives. Hold team accountable to both technical work standards
and service levels but also to expected interpersonal and
professional work demeanor.
* Ensure team successfully executes on the timely and accurate
completion of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial planning
and reporting tasks for Sammons Financial Group Companies (Sammons
* Manage the administration and completion of the annual planning
activities including home office expenses and expense allocation,
project spend, headcount, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP) and Statutory income statement consolidation and various
presentations to support and communicate all aspects of strategic
* Ensure team accurately completes journal entries and
reconciliations of account balances to supporting documentation.
Design, document and implement internal controls related to
* Provide coaching and guidance to the team to build analytical and
critical thinking skills. Provide meaningful and actionable
information to meet the business needs of Sammons Financial Group
leadership as it relates to the financial results.
* Coach, mentor and motivate the activities of team members,
driving accountability and growth in technical and interpersonal
skills and effectiveness of the team. Create an environment that
fosters a high performance culture.
* Work with and support external auditors and regulatory examiners
in areas of responsibility applicable to the external audits and
exams. Monitor team interactions with auditors and provide coaching
and guidance to build team skills.
* Apply knowledge of the Sammons Financial Group entities, business
units, legal entities, chart of accounts, cost centers, profit
centers, hierarchies, processes and controls in order to
effectively manage the ability of the team to implement changes in
* Apply knowledge of Sammons Financial Group technology platforms
in order to effectively anticipate and utilize team to implement
changes in the organization that impact Financial Planning &
Analysis and Financial Reporting.
* Communicate effectively, professionally and positively with areas
outside of Corporate Accounting to proactively identify and
implement projects that impact Financial Planning & Analysis.
* Identify, prioritize and assign special assignments and projects
to the appropriate team members; drive and monitor execution of
projects to meet departmental goals.
* Maintain procedural documentation for all assigned tasks and
adhere to processes and procedures in support of the required
internal controls. Ensure all team duties are adequately
* Develop and maintain effective, positive and collaborative
working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels across
the organization including several geographic locations.
* The workload may occasionally demand additional work outside of
the company's standard 40-hour work week
* Commitment to embrace Sammons Financial Group Companies shared
values (Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Openness)
* As stated within the Company Attendance and Punctuality policy,
regular attendance is required and expected in order to meet the
business service levels and workflow demands.
What we are looking for:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
* Master's Degree in Accounting preferred
* CPA preferred
* Minimum 5 years' insurance accounting or applicable public
accounting experience preferred
* Some travel may be required
* Demonstrated leadership through developing, coaching and
mentoring a team
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to work
with and communicate with senior leaders outside of Corporate
Accounting and external auditors
* Demonstrated collaborative team skills within and outside of
Corporate Accounting; work in a positive fashion toward common
* High degree of analytical and critical thinking skills and a
professional judgement disposition
* Proven ability to identify and resolve complex issues and lead
resources within a team to achieve results
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects, delegate
and allocate time and resources effectively; ability to meet strict
deadlines is necessary
* High degree of professionalism, motivation and intellectual
curiosity; courage to address challenging issues in a professional
and positive fashion
* Ability to adapt to change and learn quickly
* Desire to attain or further insurance-industry specific skills
beyond accounting and finance
* Demonstrated ability to research and implement existing and
emerging insurance industry GAAP and stat accounting concepts
* Strong knowledge of insurance products and how the economics of
those products are reflected in accounting results
Sammons Financial Group Companies offers some of today's most
sought after life insurance, annuity, retirement planning products
and portfolio-management solutions. Unlike most financial
organizations, our companies are not publicly traded, which means
we're focused on long-term value rather than short-term earnings
pressures. As a privately held company, our leaders and employees
remain consistently focused on long-term growth, making decisions
that allow us to deliver on our commitments to customers,
distribution partners, our employees, and our communities.
Individually, our companies provide value in the products and
services they offer. Together we represent a history of strength
What you can expect when you join Sammons Financial Group:
* A casual dress code (yep - that means jeans!)
* A company you want to be a part of, driven by inspiring leaders
and a fun, friendly work environment.
* Colleagues who support one another, model our core values, and
drive our healthy, high-performing culture.
* Healthy balance between work and personal lives. Friday
afternoons off all year long, competitive PTO, and generous number
of paid holidays.
* Our competitive benefit package includes: Health, Dental, Vision,
Company Paid Retirement, PTO and Holiday Pay.
* A generous retirement program. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan
(ESOP) is a 100% company funded retirement plan, so you can save
for retirement without contributing a penny of your own
* A company that celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion,
and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or
Keywords: Sammons Financial, Sioux Falls , Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, Executive , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!