Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Company: Raven Industries
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At Raven, we help farmers help the world. This purpose guides
the work and passion of our team members, who operate at the
intersection of agriculture, technology, and innovation. For over
65 years, we've dedicated ourselves to learning more so we can grow
as individuals and as a team. Today, we are united by our mission
to develop a better and more sustainable planet for each of
us.SUMMARYOversee Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical engineering
assignments that are assigned to the team.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead team to evaluate, review, and design systems/processes to
increase production capabilities and improve quality, efficiency,
ergonomics, and safety.
- Promote and maintain the highest possible environment of
teamwork and collaboration.
- Support all functions of the industrial engineering
- Provide assistance and direction on industrial engineering
issues, and keep appropriate staff informed of issues or
- Participate in tool or equipment design activities. Assist with
machine selection process.
- Approve designs for flow lines or floor layouts to promote
efficiency through use of tools such as Lean Principles.
- Direct major repair or installation of production
- Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering
design, methods, and applications.
- Monitor and initiate improvement projects to current processes
- Coordinate efforts to ensure proper safety and ergonomics
standards and guidelines are met in work area.
- Assure staffing requirements are met.
- Encourage team member growth and development.
- Demonstrates support for company culture in their daily actions
and encourages their teams to do the same.
- Administer annual team member performance reviews, goal
setting, and participate in salary planning.
- Maintain records on direct reports in relation to attendance
- Keeps informed of new developments, methods, and techniques in
the quality profession.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or related technical
- Minimum 5 years related experience required; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related
to position, as identified by department leadership.
- Understanding of Lean Principles and manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
- Proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and empower team members to
- High level of patience and service. Ability to motivate team
- Problem-solving abilities. Ability to identify waste and
creatively look for solutions.
- Ability to be flexible and multitask.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and
leadership staff.BENEFITS TO YOU
Not all benefits are created equal, but we've got you covered.
Raven not only offers a wide range of benefits that encourage
wellness and preventative care, but we also provide the right tools
and programs to help you achieve it.Our benefits package includes
medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and disability insurance
and 401k.We offer workplace flexibility policies to promote
work/life balance in addition to paid time off (PTO) benefit.Team
Members can also take advantage of additional benefit programs such
as education assistance, our onsite fitness center or fitness
center reimbursement, employee assistance program (EAP) and much
more.EEOC STATEMENTRaven is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information,
citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status,
disability status or any other status protected by federal, state,
or local law.#LI-AA1
Keywords: Raven Industries, Sioux Falls , Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Executive , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!