Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
Company: UNIV OF SIOUX FALLS
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Institution: University of Sioux Falls Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Classification: Full-time/12-month/ExemptDepartment: University
MarketingReports: Director of Marketing & Communications The
University of Sioux Falls is a private Christian University
offering a positive, collegial work environment and a strong
benefit and compensation package. Benefits include, but are not
limited to, health insurance, employer HSA contributions, tuition
remission, and vacation, sick, holiday, and emergency benefit leave
in the full-time employee compensation package. GENERAL POSITION
SUMMARYThe Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
creates and delivers compelling digital messages across multiple
platforms that align with the University's communication
strategies, conveys key messages to broad and diverse audiences,
and strengthens the USF brand. The Assistant Director will manage
USF's web presence and craft story-driven digital content for the
web and social media that resonates with key audiences. They will
also manage analytic reports and develop long and short-term goals
to increase digital reach and engagement. The Assistant Director of
Marketing & Communications will be expected to utilize user
experience best practices and search engine optimization
(SEO)/search engine marketing (SEM) techniques while delivering on
marketing objectives and messaging priorities.Major Functions
- Create engaging content for digital platforms (website, social
media channels, other online tools, excluding Athletics) that is
relevant, on brand, authentic, and promotes USF to key markets and
- Conceptualize, shoot, and edit timely, lively, and engaging
videos for distribution via USF digital channels; partner with
vendors on more complex projects, and manage photo shoots/talent as
- Implement social marketing strategies aligning with overall
University marketing plan.
- Repackage existing non-digital content for use across digital
- Develop and implement digital strategies based on analytics;
create reports with recommendations to increase reach and
- Optimize social media strategies to improve website traffic
from social channels through SEO and SEM initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day web content maintenance and ensure website
changes and updates are published promptly.
- In conjunction with the Director of Marketing and
Communications, manage the communication of USF's news, events, and
other information to the public through various traditional and
digital media outlets to internal and external audiences.
- Remain current with content strategy and development trends,
user experience, and digital marketing.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, area VP, or designee as
pertains to the position.
- Responsible for adhering to all department and University
policies and procedures and the rules, regulations, bylaws, and
interpretations of the Northern Sun Conference, the NCAA, Title IX,
and others as required in higher education.QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, digital media, graphic design,
or a comparable degree.
- At least three years of experience in digital content
marketing, digital media production, and website management, with a
general understanding of SEO, SEM, and Google Analytics.
- Experience using technology, including but not limited to a web
content management system, Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically
Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), social media platforms
(Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), and social marketing
- Higher education experience is a plus.
- Experience writing for digital and print with expertise in
Associated Press (AP) Style required.
- Demonstration of competency in photography, videography, and
- Proven experience working independently with minimal
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and customer
- Possess strong time management skills, demonstrate initiative,
and know when to ask for help.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage
- Ability to work collaboratively with the marketing department,
other University departments and offices, colleagues, and business
- Commitment to higher education at a Christian University.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds;
successfully pass a required background check and be able to stand,
sit and walk as a part of performing the duties of this job.
- Valid driver's license with the ability to travel occasionally
required. APPLICATION Applicants should provide a letter of
application, resume, and contact information for a minimum of three
professional references. Applicants will be considered only if all
previously mentioned items are submitted to USF. Review of
applications will begin immediately and continue until the position
is filled. NO TELEPHONE CALLS The University of Sioux Falls is an
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected
Keywords: UNIV OF SIOUX FALLS, Sioux Falls , Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications, Executive , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!