Sr. Manager, Purchasing, NA
Company: AGCO Corp.
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Sr. Mgr, Purchasing, NA
Who we are looking for:
At AGCO, we believe that when our employees succeed, our business succeeds. It's a people philosophy that we believe and invest in. We make sure all of our employees - in every function, every geography and at every level - have the tools they need to be successful and take charge of their career. Because when our people grow, our business grows. Every day. Every way.
AGCO Corp has two exciting opportunities for a high-impact Sr. Mgr, Purchasing, NA to join its Purchasing team in either, Hesston or Jackson. This role will follow a hybrid module.
The Purchasing Manager will oversee the purchasing of supplies and equipment for all departments within an organization to ensure inventory levels are maintained, to prevent ordering duplications, and to eliminate wasteful spending while controlling prices. The job holder will serve as the primary vendor contact. Evaluates and develops purchasing policies and procedures, develops and ensures adherence to departmental strategic plans and budget. The job holder will negotiates favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers and prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods and or services.
What you will do:
* Evaluating alternatives for collective buying of goods and services
* Contributes to the establishment of a regional sourcing strategy that ensures a consistent supply of goods and services.
* Develops criteria to be used during vendor evaluation and selection.
* Sets goals and identifies metrics measuring performance of purchasing processes.
* Responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures surrounding the quality of materials used in the manufacturing process.
What you will bring:
* Bachelor's degree required
* 5+ years of experience in a purchasing and/or purchasing-related role; preferably in a manufacturing environment
* Working level English language skills (written and spoken) are a requirement
* Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; MS Project experience is beneficial, but not required
* CPIM or equivalent designation is not required, but shows a level of commitment to the profession
What we offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world's nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we're clear on where we want to go as a business and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career - and our business - to the next level.
We also invite you to "Make the Most of YOU" - Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions - to an environment where the future is happening now. Join us as we bring agriculture into the future.
Job Segment: Testing, Buyer, Purchasing, Agricultural, Engineer, Technology, Finance, Operations, Agriculture, Engineering
Sr. Mgr, Purchasing, NA
Keywords: AGCO Corp., Sioux Falls , Sr. Manager, Purchasing, NA, Executive , Jackson, South Dakota
here to apply!