Area Manager - Brookings
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Area Manager - Brookings at Oregon Coast Community Action
www.orcca.us/careers Back to all openings Apply Title: Area Manager
Program: South Coast Head StartLocation: Brookings, OR -Agency:
Oregon Coast Community ActionPay Rate: Professional; Salaried,
Starting at $27.22 hourly Depending on Experience and
Qualifications Classification: Full-Time; Up to 52 weeks;
ExemptReports to: Program Operations Director Staff Supervised:
Daily oversight of all staff in assigned area. Direct supervision
of Teachers/Home Visitors.Date Posted: 11/14/2023 Posting Expires:
11/30/2023HR Contact: 541-435-7090 firstname.lastname@example.org Revised: April
2018External Applicants:Please submit an employment application,
cover letter and resume on our website, www.orcca.us or to
email@example.com . Internal Applicants:Please submit a letter of
interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Job DescriptionPRIMARY
PURPOSE:Maintain quality environments with attention to safety and
health prevention measures. Provide general program management for
assigned sites/area: oversee day to day operations; monitor to
ensure provisions of education, social, and health services as
mandated by federal Head Start performance standards and
corresponding program work plans; ensure compliance with State
child care licensing regulations; supervise and onboard all
assigned staff; act as an integrator of components; function as
liaison and information conduit among administration team, staff,
and community collaborators.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Reason
position exists is to perform these functions.)Monitoring &
--- Provide daily oversight and supervision to assigned staff.
--- Review documentation and reports to ensure completion and
timely provision of quality services.
--- In coordination with component specialists and coordinators,
conduct observations provide feedback -
--- Conduct goals setting, monthly reflective supervision, and
performance evaluations for all assigned -
--- Support identified training and coaching needs.
--- Perform or delegate the duties of assigned staff in their
absence, as needed.
--- Assist in hiring and dismissal of staff of assigned
--- Operate sites and classrooms in compliance with Oregon State
Childcare Licensing requirements, -
Head Start Program Performance Standards, and program policies and
--- Ensure implementation of program-adopted curriculum,
screenings, & assessments.
--- Provide for smooth center functioning, (i.e.: daily staffing
and schedules, on-going maintenance, site -
--- Ensure all required records are maintained and submitted to the
central office as required.
--- Maintain site inventory.
--- Act as liaison with landlord for ongoing use of facility. (when
--- Oversee site budgets.Documentation and Communication
--- Adhere to federal, state and program documentation
--- Establish consistent weekly schedule including time at site to
allow for classroom interaction, team -
communication, and availability to parents.
--- Facilitate monthly team meetings for each assigned site.
--- Act as a conduit of information between SCHS Administration and
--- Participate in planning and program development efforts.
--- Ensure site participation in trainings, appropriate committees,
and program teamsCommunity/Public Relations
- Support outreach and recruitment efforts by communicating the
program's eligibility, selection, and enrollment policies and
practices to families, other service providers, and the general
- Represent and promote Head Start within the communities
assigned by serving on appropriate committees, boards and councils
and by attending community meetings, as approved by
- Advocate for needs of low-income families that help them
establish linkages to their communities.INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM
- Attend staff meetings, center meetings, and/or other
workshops/meetings as notified
- Maintain a positive attitude regarding ORCCA and all its
programs along with the Head Start program and philosophy
- Model behaviors that demonstrate an understanding, acceptance
and welcoming of diversity
- Maintain respect and positive communication regarding all
children, families and staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and staff information.
- Maintain open, two-way communication with staff
- Accept suggestions and guidance from supervisor and other
- Seek feedback on job performance and evaluate suggestions and
guidance to incorporate in performance
- Commit to further training. Develop an individual training plan
using program tools, as appropriate.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding any needed changes or
concerns with work schedule.
- Adhere to agency procedures as a mandated child abuse
- Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to perform the job with or without reasonable
accommodationsEXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: -
--- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood, Human Services, or
related field required, or Step 10 on the -
Oregon Registry Online required.
--- Three years of experience with Head Start or program working
with early learning/home visiting -
education program preferred
--- Three years progressively responsible professional experience
which demonstrates significant -
supervisory and administrative responsibilities preferred
--- Strong knowledge of theories and practices of Early Childhood
Education/Development typically -
gained via experience and or education.
--- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
--- Strong organization and time management skills.OTHER
- Must be enrolled in the Oregon Department of Education-Child
Care Division Central Background Registry at time of hire and
update it as required.
- Pediatric First Aid/CPR Certification within 30 days of hire
and update it as required.
- Oregon Food Handler's card or ServSafe - Food Safety
Certification within 30 days of hire and update it as
- Health Appraisal within 30 days of hire and update it as
- May lift items up to 51 pounds with or without reasonable
- Access to indoor office, in a climate-controlled environment;
may not have access to sunlight. Regular activities outside in a
non-climate controlled environment.
- Regular kneeling, bending, stooping and sitting on the
- Regular walking and standing for prolonged periods of
- Occasional events outside of the office at irregular hours will
- Attendance at off-site staff training events will be
- Frequent sitting for long periods using computer keyboard,
telephone and other office machines.
- Occasional driving to various work sites, trainings, workshops
- A current Oregon Driver's License is required.
- Proof of automobile liability insurance @ $100,000/300,000
liability limits and maintain such limits.
- Reliable transportation for getting to work.
- Must be free from illegal drugs, may be subject to suspicion
testing.The specific statements reflected in each section of this
position description are not intended to be all-inclusive, but
rather the basic elements and criteria considered being necessary
in order to satisfactorily perform the duties associated with the
position.Oregon Coast Community Action is an Equal Opportunity
Employer.Please inform Human Resources at 541-435-7090 or
email@example.com if you require an accommodation in order to participate
in the application process. Apply online: www.orcca.us Apply Back
to all openings Share this opening with friends powered by Trakstar
Keywords: Orcca, Sioux Falls , Area Manager - Brookings, Executive , Brookings, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!