Company: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: May 10, 2020
The Sioux Falls VA Health Care System is currently recruiting
for one Full-time, Permanent, Pulmonologist. This position will be
located in the Speialty Medicine Service Line.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department
of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or
institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can
verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If
you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements,
you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your
transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For
further information, visit:
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program
(EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. To participate in the
program, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements
in accordance with VHA Policy 1021 and submit your application
within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to
$200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined
by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office. The EDRP
Coordinator, Katie McGuire, can be reached at
- Perform a full range of pulmonary services to include
diagnosis, treatment and education of patients with pulmonary and
- Perform and/or supervise procedures including bronchoscopy,
thoracenteses and others as required.
- Manage patients requiring invasive or noninvasive mechanical
ventilation to include taking primary responsibility for adjusting
ventilator settings and directing weaning.
- Provide inpatient consultations and conduct general pulmonary
- Interpret pulmonary function tests and home sleep tests.
- Review oximetry results and prescribe supplemental oxygen when
- Provide physician guidance to the Respiratory Therapy
- Perform chart reviews for Ongoing Professional Practice
Evaluation and peer reviews as necessary.
- Coordinate with Hospitalists regarding patient care
- Be responsible to document patient care data in electronic
medical records such as history and physical exams within 24 hours
of admission, daily progress notes for inpatients, encounters for
outpatients, consult notes, and enter new and renew
Work Schedule: The tour of duty for this position is typically
Monday-Friday, Administrative hours. Additional information may be
provided during the interview process.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredApplicants pending the
completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements
may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until
all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The
degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by
the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course
of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved
by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Board Certified Pulmonologist preferred
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II,
Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in
the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Periods of long standing. Occasional lifting
of moderately heavy objects. Long periods of sitting at a computer
station. The need for high degree of accuracy, high stress
situations, and the ability to adapt work plans based on patient
Keywords: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Sioux Falls , Physician Pulmonologist, Healthcare , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!