eSenior Care - Registered Nurse
Company: Hire Velocity
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Geriatrics opening in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. This and other
rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
Senior Care - RN
SUMMARY: The RN is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to
provide nursing care through innovative means for assisted living,
long term care residents, and other populations through two-way
phone & video technology. The RN will play an integral role in the
management of the day-to-day functioning of the Advanced Practice
Providers and Physicians in the Senior Care Service line. The RN is
instrumental in the daily operations of the Senior Care Service
Lines and will focus streaming how information is triaged to assure
efficient processes are in place and the team is meeting
responsiveness expectations. The position will collaborate closely
with other clinical members of the Senior Care team to review
long-term care residents, post-acute care residents and assisted
living residents in sites we serve. The RN will coordinate both the
clinical components and operational components of the Senior Care
Service line. The RN will answer home care afterhours
patient/caregiver calls to improve outcomes by providing knowledge
that empowers self management of their healthcare conditions and
reduces unnecessary visits to the emergency department. RN will
communicate to the health care team (Hospice, Home Health and Care
Transition) as indicated.
The RN will complete documentation for various areas of the
clinical work being conducted, register and document proper
information for new residents in the program, coordinate aspects of
the business and service carried out by the Senior Care Medical
Director and service line. This position will cross train to the
other nursing functions within Senior Care as needed.
- Assessment/Diagnosis: Collects resident health data, obtains
prior medical record from medical facilities, nursing facilities,
or assisted living facilities as applicable. Helps assisted living
sites by assessing residents via two-way video technologies.
Advises and delegates resident care, as appropriate. Analyzes the
assessment data in determining nursing diagnosis/problem focus for
all pillars of services within Senior Care.
- Outcome Identification/Planning: Identifies expected
outcomes/goals individualized to the resident. Considers factors
related to safety, effectiveness and cost in planning and
delivering resident care.
- Implementation/Evaluation: Implements the interventions
identified in the plan of care coordinating efforts with the local
care team and eCare provider as appropriate. Evaluate residents'
progress toward attainment of the outcomes and obtains orders for
new interventions if needed.
- Quality of Care: Collaborates with eCare and rural providers,
nursing staff, universal workers, residents and others to ensure
the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Efficient in the use of various EMR processes.
- Collaborates with the management team in developing facility
- Works closely with internal and external partners on
performance improvement project.
- Participates in advanced care planning discussions.
- Assists with the development, and implementation of the
organizational plans which assures growth and development of the
service line that are aligned with strategic initiatives of Avel
eCare Senior Care.
- Assists with the benchmark goals to guide the service line
activities and effectively deals with variances. Works with other
members of the team to analyze and determine next steps.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited school of Nursing is
strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university school
of nursing preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience required.
- Long Term Care, Assisted Living, or clinic triage experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of LTC regulations and quality
programs, MDS certification or experience preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of South Dakota or
meeting the enhanced Nursing Compact Licensure (eNLC) requirements
- RN Licensure required within the states that Ave eCare Senior
Care is providing service within 120 days of hire.
- Gerontological Certification within 24 months of hire
- Completion of Child & Dependent Adult Abuse for Iowa Mandatory
Reporters course required within 90 days of employment and every 3
- Additional state-specific training and education as required by
licensure is required within 120 days of hire.
Department: Senior Care
Job Type: Full-time; 72 hrs/2wks
Shift Type: 12-hour shifts (Mon-Sun including weekend/holiday
Keyphrases: gerontologist jobs, long term care nurse jobs, long
term care nursing jobs
Keywords: Hire Velocity, Sioux Falls , eSenior Care - Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!