Occupational Therapist (OT) - Full-time - Acute
Company: Avera McKennan Hospital
Posted on: September 17, 2023
May be eligible $6,000 for less than 2 years experience with a
2-year commitment or $10,000 for 2 years or more experience with a
Join the team at Avera!
Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation's
15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America's Best-in-State
Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork,
with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and
our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options
for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit
your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Avera is seeking a Licensed Occupational Therapist to join their
Acute professional team.
- PTO on Day 1 of your employment!
- Options available for free health insurance
- Student Loan Repayment: This position may be eligible for
Avera's Student Loan Repayment Program, which helps you pay off
your loans and save money. Each month an extra payment of $167 (up
to $10,000) from Avera will help pay down your principal balance
- Gain hands-on experience in care working alongside nurses and
other professionals who are passionate about creating a positive
- Avera is a teaching hospital and affiliate with several
Universities for both Level 1 and Level 2 Fieldwork students. Job
Responsible for the daily coordination and delivery of occupational
therapy services and implementing specific treatment programs for
individual patients and patient groups according to the principles
of occupational therapy and established objectives of the
- You will work with a variety of patients including Orthopedics
(Trauma & Electives), Neuro, Cardiopulmonary, Medical/Surgical,
Poly Trauma, Oncology, Transplants, and Early Mobility in the
Intensive Care Unit
- You will play a vital role in working with a knowledgeable
medical and interdisciplinary teams.
- You will have access to a free MedBridge subscription for
online CEU's and ability to build individualized HEP's for
- We are a designated Comprehensive Stroke Center. Our OT's play
a vital role in the success of our patients.
- We are a growing OT team that meets the diverse acute needs
across four Avera facilities in Sioux Falls: McKennan Hospital,
Specialty Hospital, Behavioral Health Hospital, and the Heart
- Day Shift; Monday - Friday: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm; Full Time; 80
- Weekend Rotation - Every 4th;
- Days off before and after your scheduled weekend; Schedules are
posted in advance
- Holidays: 1 - 2 times/year Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from an Occupational Therapy program accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
preferred. Certification, Licensure, Registration
- Licensed in the State of South Dakota as an Occupational
- This position requires a valid driver's license and the
employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile insurance
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience.
- $30.25 - 45.75 per hour What Makes Avera Special?
Keywords: Avera McKennan Hospital, Sioux Falls , Occupational Therapist (OT) - Full-time - Acute, Healthcare , Tea, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!