Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - New Grads
Company: Avera McKennan Hospital
Posted on: September 17, 2023
All 2023/May 2024 New Grads are welcome to apply!
Join the RN Nursing team at Avera!
Magnet Recognized: - Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health
Center has received consecutive ANCC Magnet re-designations for
meeting rigorous standards for nursing excellence and job
Culture: -Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork,
with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and
our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: - Competitive pay, free health insurance, and
options for: Student Loan Repayment Program, sign-on bonuses,
various shifts and career growth opportunities.
What Makes the Float Pool Special---?
***every 3rd weekend/holiday rotation!!!***
- Work/life balance (flexible scheduling): The float pool will
offer YOU preferred scheduling and PTO accommodations
consistently!!! A lot of autonomy over your schedule.
- Safe Patient Ratios: -1 nursing professional: 4-5 patients
- Zero tolerance for workplace violence, this team cares for
- NEW ORIENTATION MODEL (starting January 1st, 2023)
- Become immersed in the Float Pool's "Tiered Skills Acquisition
Model" (tSAM) for orientation as a new grad RN! J
- Within this evidenced-based model, expect orientation that is
set up similar to how you went through nursing school.
- Key Takeaways:
- Caring for the whole nursing assignment from the start, but
focused on specific aspects of nursing care to ensure mastery and
comfort in job duties long-term
- 12-week model; can offer additional orientation if
- Every 1-2 weeks expect hands-on education time in which you'll
go through all materials in the previous tier of learning to
understand the WHY behind your job duties!!!
- Short Stay Unit
- Orthopedic Trauma Unit
- Brain & Spine (Neuro & Neuro ICU)
- Inpatient Rehab
If you are an aspiring nurse that---
- Wants to know they are practicing in a safe work environment?
Then come to PMR float pool at McKennan! You can expect a
consistent patient ratio of 1:4, or 1:5! -The leaders here care
about YOU, and will do whatever it takes to ensure that ratio
remains optimal for your ability to not only care for your
patients, but yourself in your practice. Whether it is Short Stay,
Ortho, B&S, or Rehab you can expect this to be consistent and
- Is looking for an opportunity to be able to care for someone
that is a very acute patient, but then also potentially see them
progress into lower levels of care, and thereafter potentially
home!? Then this is the opportunity for YOU! You can watch patients
progress from an ICU Neuro type setting, all the way back to Rehab
and thereafter discharge---you will not find this kind of
opportunity anywhere else at McKennan!!!
- Wants a readily available support, and to be heard? Then this
is the float pool for you!!! Mara, Stephanie (Ortho), Elizabeth
(Short Stay), Becky and Jill (Rehab), and Kayla and Christine
(B&S), as well as your direct leader Maria, are true nursing
leaders and are ready to take action to best support you and your
patients when needed. Most of the unit supervisors even work 2-3
floor shifts per schedule - they are present, and well-equipped to
be practicing nursing professionals alongside YOU.
- Thrives on variety, and is adaptable/flexible in the work
environment, and is open to a dynamic array of patient types and
Then this is the role for -YOU!!!
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota
and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure
- Registered Nurse - 7a-7:30p, 7p-7:30a - varied shifts
- Every 3rd weekend/holiday rotation - weekends are
- (3) 12-hour shifts per week
- $3 SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL is available for hours worked between 7p
and 7a, $2 on weekends, and $5 on weekend nights!!!
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience. -
- $30.50 - $45.25 per hour
Awards and Affiliations
***Avera McKennan has been named a 5-star hospital by CMS, a
Top-100 Hospital, and Top-15 Healthcare System by IBM
- Forbes list of America's Best-in-State Employers 2019 - No. 1
in South Dakota and in the Top 20 in Minnesota
- Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart
- The Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission
- Avera McKennan has been designated a MAGNET facility 5-times in
a row!! -
What Makes Avera Special?
Why Nursing at Avera?
Keywords: Avera McKennan Hospital, Sioux Falls , Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - New Grads, Healthcare , Baltic, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!