Registered Nurse (RN) - Adolescent Unit - All 2023/May 2024 New Grads
Company: Avera Behavioral Health Center
Posted on: September 19, 2023
All 2023/May 2024 New Grads are welcome to apply
Join the RN Nursing team at Avera!
Magnet Recognized: - Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health
Center has received consecutive ANCC Magnet re-designations for
meeting rigorous standards for nursing excellence and job
Culture: -Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork,
with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and
our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: - Competitive pay, free health insurance, and
options for: Student Loan Repayment Program, sign-on bonuses,
various shifts and career growth opportunities.
Avera is currently seeking Registered Nurses (RN) looking to
deliver the best possible nursing care in Avera's Behavioral Health
If you are an experienced nurse, this could be an opportunity for
you to become a part of a dynamic team in a Magnet hospital that
produces great patient outcomes!
Why is Behavioral Health Important?
The Avera Behavioral Health Adolescent & Child Unit are designed to
be a structured and age-appropriate therapeutic environment for
adolescents and children to learn to understand problems, use
healthy coping skills and set and complete goals.
If you are a nurse that---
- Enjoys working with children ages 5 to 12 years old and
adolescent ages 13 to 17 years old as well as their
- Has a passion helping patients with conditions such as
Addiction, Anxiety Disorders, Attention deficit hyperactivity
disorder, and Depression or Suicidal behavior.
- Appreciates an active, challenging care environment that
requires critical thinking.
- Values autonomous professional nursing practice.
- Possesses motivation to help create and deliver high-quality
patient care in an energizing team environment.
This is the role for YOU!!
- Student Loan Repayment: This Registered Nurse (RN) position is
eligible for -Avera's -Student Loan Repayment Program, which helps
you pay off your loans and save money. Each month an extra payment
of $167 (up to $10,000) from -Avera -will help pay down your
principal balance faster.
- Career Growth: You have the opportunity to go beyond licensure
and employment requirements and become nationally
- The adolescent program is expanding to 40 units
- Child unit is a 14 bed unit
- Adolescent Residential is an 8 bed unit
- Opportunity to meet 70+ coworkers
- Opportunity to change lives of both Adolescent and
- 1 RN for 7-8 patient ratio
- Self-scheduling program
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota
and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure
- Certification in specialty preferred
- Strongly encouraged to complete life-saving education specific
to specialty area
- Membership in a professional organization encouraged.
- 7a-7:30p, 7p-7:30a; varied shifts between days, evenings,
- Weekend and Holiday Rotation
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience. -
- $30.50 - $45.25 per hour
- $3 SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL is available for hours worked between 7p
and 7a, $2 on weekends, and $5 on weekend nights!!
What Makes Avera Special?
Why Nursing at Avera?
Keywords: Avera Behavioral Health Center, Sioux Falls , Registered Nurse (RN) - Adolescent Unit - All 2023/May 2024 New Grads, Healthcare , Crooks, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!