Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardio/Pulmonary - Part Time
Company: Avera McKennan Hospital
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Join the RN Nursing team at Avera!
Magnet Recognized: - Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health
Center has received consecutive ANCC Magnet re-designations for
meeting rigorous standards for nursing excellence and job
Culture: -Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork,
with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and
our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: - Competitive pay, free health insurance, and
options for: Student Loan Repayment Program, sign-on bonuses,
various shifts and career growth opportunities.
Avera is currently seeking Registered Nurses (RN) looking to
deliver the best possible nursing care in Avera's patient-focused
*This position may be eligible for a $6,000 Sign-On Bonus!!**
- Student Loan Repayment: This Registered Nurse (RN) position is
eligible for -Avera's -Student Loan Repayment Program, which helps
you pay off your loans and save money. Each month an extra payment
of $167 (up to $10,000) from -Avera -will help pay down your
principal balance faster.
- Positive Work Environment: -Be part of an organization where we
practice the mission in our daily operations and demonstrate our
pride by delivering excellent care.
- Career Growth: You have the opportunity to go beyond licensure
and employment requirements and become nationally
- 51 bed unit, with 16 pulmonary acute beds (step down ICU
- Fast-paced unit with 200 total staff
- Opportunities for self-scheduling
- Advancement opportunities as a Charge Nurse, Resource Nurse,
Clinical Nurse Educator and other Leadership roles.
The Department of Nursing at Avera McKennan requires all nurses to
practice at a competent level of nursing care and demonstrate a
competent and professional level of behavior in his/her role as a
RN. The American Nurses Associations (ANA) scope and standards of
practice are exemplified within the position description. - The
Registered Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process
to provide nursing care for the patient. - He/she assumes
responsibility and accountability for his/her individual actions
and outcomes of patient care delivered on his/her shift.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota
and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure
- Provide care for patients with heart and pulmonary
- Certification in specialty preferred
- 7a-7:30p, 7p-7:30a; varied shifts between days/nights
- $3 SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL is available for hours worked between 7p
and 7a, $2 on weekends, and $5 on weekend nights!
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience. -
- $30.50 - $45.25 per hour
Awards and Affiliations
- 15 Top Health Systems in 2021 and 2019 by IBM Watson Health
based on quality and patient satisfaction data.
- Forbes list of America's Best-in-State Employers 2019 - No. 1
in South Dakota and in the Top 20 in Minnesota
- Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart
- The Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission
- Avera McKennan has been designated a MAGNET facility 5-times in
What Makes Avera Special?
Why Nursing at Avera?
Keywords: Avera McKennan Hospital, Sioux Falls , Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardio/Pulmonary - Part Time, Healthcare , Canton, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!