Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU Neuro - Dec 2023/May 2024 New Grads
Company: Avera McKennan Hospital
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Dec 2023/May 2024 New Grads are welcome to apply
Join the RN Nursing team at Avera!
Magnet Recognized: - Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health
Center has received consecutive ANCC Magnet re-designations for
meeting rigorous standards for nursing excellence and job
Culture: -Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork,
with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and
our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: - Competitive pay, free health insurance, and
options for: Student Loan Repayment Program, sign-on bonuses,
various shifts and career growth opportunities.
If you are a nurse that is. . .
- Empowered by seeing your patients improve through direct
- Enjoys building strong patient relationships through
collaboration with families and care teams
- Engaged in technological change
- Motivated to help create and deliver high-quality patient care
in an energizing team environment
Then this job is for YOU!!
We've got your back AND your brain! - The Avera Brain and Spine
Institute provides high level specialty care to acutely &
critically ill or injured patients with brain, back, and central
nervous system disorders. - Neuroscience is one of the most
difficult specialties to master; this work will be diverse,
challenging and will offer a rewarding work environment. These
skills provide a foundation for nurses wanting to eventually
advance or broaden their profession skills and experience.
The Brain & Spine and Neurocritical Care units care for patients
with varying acuity across the neurological continuum of care. This
unique area has versatile team members that work with all patient
populations. Get the best of all areas of hospital nursing with
experience in med surg, acute, and critical care - all in one
- Student Loan Repayment: This Registered Nurse (RN) position is
eligible for -Avera's -Student Loan Repayment Program, which helps
you pay off your loans and save money. Each month an extra payment
of $167 (up to $10,000) from -Avera -will help pay down your
principal balance faster.
- Positive Work Environment: -Be part of an organization where we
practice the mission in our daily operations and demonstrate our
pride by delivering excellent care.
- Career Growth: You have the opportunity to go beyond licensure
and employment requirements and become nationally
- Opportunities for continued growth include: serving as a nurse
mentor, participation in various unit and/or hospital based
committees, training to the Resource nurse role.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an approved nursing program in -December 2022 or
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred. - -
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota
and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure
- Strongly encouraged to complete life-saving education specific
to specialty area.
- One year of acture inpatient experience preferred
-- Hours: 7a-7:30p, 7p-7:30a
-- Hires into an immediate every 3rd weekend, every 3rd holiday
rotation. Every other weekend rotation is possible, if desired.
-- Additional, elective incentive options include premiums for
straight weekends and/or straight night agreements. -
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience. -
- $30.50 - $45.25 per hour
- Additional, elective incentive options include premiums for
straight weekends and/or straight night agreements
What Makes Avera Special?
Keywords: Avera McKennan Hospital, Sioux Falls , Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU Neuro - Dec 2023/May 2024 New Grads, Healthcare , Canton, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!