Registered Nurse (RN) - Adult C Unit
Company: Avera Behavioral Health Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Join the RN Nursing team at Avera!
Magnet Recognized: - Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health
Center has received consecutive ANCC Magnet re-designations for
meeting rigorous standards for nursing excellence and job
Culture: -Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork,
with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and
our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: - Competitive pay, free health insurance, and
options for: Student Loan Repayment Program, sign-on bonuses,
various shifts and career growth opportunities.
Avera is currently seeking Registered Nurses (RN) to deliver the
best possible nursing care in Avera's patient-focused settings.
Why is Behavioral Health important?
The Avera Behavioral Health Adult C Unit is designed to be a
structured, therapeutic environment for adults to learn to
understand their diagnosis, develop a Crisis Response Plan, use
healthy coping skills and set and complete goals.
You will enjoy this Behavioral Health setting if you are Nurse
- Enjoys patient focused care with a team that is dedicated to
quality patient outcomes
- Likes working with the Adult population
- Has a passion for helping patients with Anxiety, Depression,
and Personality Disorders and Suicidal behavior.
- Appreciates an active, challenging care environment that
requires critical thinking.
- Values autonomous professional nursing practice.
- Possesses motivation to help create and deliver high-quality
patient care in an energizing team environment.
- The Adult C Unit is a 26 -bed unit
- Opportunity to meet 60+ coworkers and work in a positive
- Opportunity to change the lives of your patients.
- 1 RN for 7-8 patient ratio
- Flexible scheduling program
- Positive Work Environment: -Be part of an organization where we
practice the mission in our daily operations and demonstrate our
pride by delivering excellent care.
- Career Growth: You have the opportunity to go beyond licensure
and employment requirements and become nationally certified.
The Department of Nursing at Avera McKennan requires all nurses to
practice at a competent level of nursing care and demonstrate a
competent and professional level of behavior in his/her role as a
RN. The American Nurses Associations (ANA) scope and standards of
practice are exemplified within the position description. - The
Registered Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process
to provide nursing care for the patient. - He/she assumes
responsibility and accountability for his/her individual actions
and outcomes of patient care delivered on his/her shift.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is
strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred. - -
- 2 years of RN experience within a hospital setting
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota
and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure required.
- Certification in specialty encouraged.
- Membership in a professional organization encouraged.
- Varied shifts as needed; Per Diem
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience. -
- $30.50 - $45.25 per hour
What Makes Avera Special?
Keywords: Avera Behavioral Health Center, Sioux Falls , Registered Nurse (RN) - Adult C Unit, Healthcare , Crooks, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!