Registered Nurse (RN) - Oncology Unit
Company: Avera McKennan Hospital
Location: Dell Rapids
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Join the RN Nursing team at Avera!
Magnet Recognized: - Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health
Center has received consecutive ANCC Magnet re-designations for
meeting rigorous standards for nursing excellence and job
Culture: -Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork,
with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and
our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: - Competitive pay, free health insurance, and
options for: Student Loan Repayment Program, sign-on bonuses,
various shifts and career growth opportunities.
- Positive Work Environment: -Be part of an organization where we
practice the mission in our daily operations and demonstrate our
pride by delivering holistic care. We offer a unique learning
experience that involves a wide variety of medical diagnoses, and
an opportunity to connect with our patients and make a positive
impact in their lives.
- Career Growth: You have the opportunity to go beyond licensure
and employment requirements and become nationally certified.
Advancement opportunities as a Resource Nurse, and other Leadership
- 43 bed unit consisting of Medical, Surgical, and Oncology
patients. -We also have an established Bone Marrow, Kidney,
Pancreas and Liver Transplant Program.
- Opportunities for self-scheduling.
- Continuing educational opportunities that promote and support
certifications (OCN, CCTN, BMTCN, CRNI, and Medsurg-BC)
- Safe patients ratios: 1 nursing professional: 4-5
- In Unit Message Chair for all staff!
- If you are a nurse that. . .
- Wants to know they are practicing in a safe work environment?
Then come to Transplant/Oncology at McKennan! You can expect a
consistent patient ratio of 1:4 or 1:5. The leaders here care about
YOU, and will do whatever it takes to ensure that ratio remains
optimal for your ability to not only care for your patients, but
yourself in your practice
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota
and/or meeting the requirements of
- 7a-7:30p, 7p-7:30a; varied shifts between days/nights
- $3 SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL is available for hours worked between 7p
and 7a, $2 on weekends, and $5 on weekend nights!
- Weekend and/or night contracts available!
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience. -
- $30.50 - $45.25 per hour
Awards and Affiliations
- Avera McKennan has been designated a MAGNET facility 5-times in
- FACT Accreditation for bone marrow transplant
- CMS Accreditation for solid organ transplant
- 15 Top Health Systems in 2021 and 2019 by IBM Watson Health
based on quality and patient satisfaction data.
- Forbes list of America's Best-in-State Employers 2019 - No. 1
in South Dakota and in the Top 20 in Minnesota
- Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart
- The Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission
What Makes Avera Special?
Why Nursing at Avera?
Keywords: Avera McKennan Hospital, Sioux Falls , Registered Nurse (RN) - Oncology Unit, Healthcare , Dell Rapids, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!