Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Senior Unit - Behavioral Health
Company: Avera Behavioral Health Center
Posted on: November 20, 2023
**$3,000 Sign-On Bonus** -
Join the LPN Nursing team at Avera!
Love Where You Work: - Work at Avera where current employees rate
their satisfaction at 94%. Join a team where the career
opportunities are endless.
Culture: -Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork,
with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and
our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: - Competitive pay, free health insurance, and
options for: Student Loan Repayment Program, sign-on bonuses,
various shifts and career growth opportunities.
**This position may be eligible for a $3,000 sign-on bonus!**
Avera is currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) looking
to deliver the best possible nursing care in Avera's Behavioral
Health Senior Unit.
If you are an experienced nurse, this could be an opportunity for
you to become a part of a dynamic team in a Magnet hospital that
produces great patient outcomes!
Why is Behavioral Health important?
The Avera Behavioral Health Senior Unit is a 20 bed unit that
provides a welcoming, calming and healing environment to our
patients as well as their families. The Senior unit's environment
is an active and challenging care environment that requires
critical thinking and at the same time values autonomous
professional nursing practice.
You will enjoy this Behavioral Health setting if you are Nurse
- This Registered Nurse position is a unique opportunity to get
both medical and mental health experience as many of the patients
have medical comorbidities requiring medical nursing care as
- You will develop important therapeutic skills that could be
used in any setting of nursing
- Enhance interpersonal skills while also performing duties may
entail IVs, blood draws, catheter insertions, respiratory
treatments, wound care
- Enjoys working with older adults with all different levels of
functioning as well as their families.
- Has a passion helping patients with conditions such as
Dementia, Depression, Catatonia, Anxiety Disorders, Schizophrenia
and Bipolar Disorder.
- Possesses motivation to help create and deliver high-quality
patient care in an energizing team environment.
- Work with a dynamic and comprehensive team that includes:
Physicians, Social Workers, Case Management, Patient Care Techs,
expressive therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, physical,
occupation and speech therapy.
This is the role for YOU!!
- Student Loan Repayment: The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
position is eligible for -Avera's -Student Loan Repayment Program,
which helps you pay off your loans and save money. Each month an
extra payment of $167 (up to $10,000) from -Avera -will help pay
down your principal balance faster.
- Positive Work Environment: -Be part of an organization where we
practice the mission in our daily operations and demonstrate our
pride by delivering excellent care. We consider our team like a
family, not just co-workers.
- Career Growth: You have the opportunity to go beyond licensure
and employment requirements and become nationally certified.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides for the delivery of
professional nursing care under the supervision of the
- If you have a passion and desire to enrich lives and touch the
hearts of patients, consider joining our team in providing
compassionate, high quality care and services within a caring
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is
strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved -nursing program is
- Must have current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license in the
State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of
Multi-state licensure required.
- Varied shifts, every other weekend/holiday; 48hrs/2wks
- Combination of 4, 8, and 12 hour shifts
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience. -
- $22.50 - $31.25 per hour
What Makes Avera Special?
Keywords: Avera Behavioral Health Center, Sioux Falls , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Senior Unit - Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Chancellor, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!