Registered Nurse (RN) - Coordinator - Transfer Center
Company: Avera McKennan Hospital
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Join the RN Nursing team at Avera!
Magnet Recognized: - Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health
Center has received consecutive ANCC Magnet re-designations for
meeting rigorous standards for nursing excellence and job
Culture: -Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork,
with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and
our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: - Competitive pay, free health insurance, and
options for: Student Loan Repayment Program, sign-on bonuses,
various shifts and career growth opportunities.
Avera is currently seeking Registered Nurse Coordinator looking to
deliver the best possible nursing care in Avera's patient-focused
**$6,000 Sign-on Bonus**
- Positive Work Environment: -Be part of an organization where we
practice the mission in our daily operations and demonstrate our
pride by delivering excellent care.
- Career Growth: You have the opportunity to go beyond licensure
and employment requirements and become nationally
- May be eligible for a $6,000 sign-on bonus
- The RN coordinator creates a single point of contact for
transferring patients to the most appropriate Avera hospital within
our system. This will include collaboration regarding each
patient's unique needs and identifying the most appropriate
- The Transfer Center brings several services:
--- Arranging an accepting physician
--- Coordinating patient placement
--- Open communication
--- Bed confirmation.
- This position supports the assignment, tracking and
problem-solving so that patient placement can occur in a timely
manner. The RN works collaboratively with the Bed Placement
Coordinator, nursing departments, outlying facilities, as well as
the physicians to facilitate efficient movement of patients
throughout the footprint. The RN will serve as a link in gathering
clinical data to ensure continuity of patient care and appropriate
patient placement. - The RN will monitor all transfers, identifying
potential delays in care and provide communication between members
of the care team. -
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred. - -
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience preferred.
- Previous patient placement & logistics experience preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of South Dakota
and/or able to meet the requirements for multi-state
- Certification in specialty preferred.
- Trauma Nursing Core Course required within 1 year of
- Membership in a professional organization preferred.
- Every 3rd -weekend/holiday rotation.
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience. -
- $32.25 - $48.50 per hour
What Makes Avera Special?
Keywords: Avera McKennan Hospital, Sioux Falls , Registered Nurse (RN) - Coordinator - Transfer Center, Healthcare , Crooks, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!