Registered Nurse (RN) - Senior Unit
Company: Avera Behavioral Health Center
Location: Valley Springs
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Join the RN Nursing team at Avera!
Love Where You Work: - Work at Avera where current employees rate
their satisfaction at 94%. Join a team where the career
opportunities are endless.
Culture: -Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork,
with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and
our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: - Competitive pay, free health insurance, and
options for: Student Loan Repayment Program, sign-on bonuses,
various shifts and career growth opportunities.
**$6,000 Sign-On Bonus** -
Avera is currently seeking Registered Nurses (RN) looking to
deliver the best possible nursing care in Avera's patient-focused
Why is Behavioral Health important?
The Avera Behavioral Health Senior Unit is a 20 bed unit that
provides a welcoming, calming and healing environment to our
patients as well as their families. The Senior unit's environment
is an active and challenging care environment that requires
critical thinking and at the same time values autonomous
professional nursing practice.
You will enjoy this Behavioral Health setting if you are Nurse
- This Registered Nurse position is a unique opportunity to get
both medical and mental health experience as many of the patients
have medical comorbidities requiring medical nursing care as
- You will develop important therapeutic skills that could be
used in any setting of nursing
- Enhance interpersonal skills while also performing duties may
entail IVs, blood draws, catheter insertions, respiratory
treatments, wound care
- Enjoys working with older adults with all different levels of
functioning as well as their families.
- Has a passion helping patients with conditions such as
Dementia, Depression, Catatonia, Anxiety Disorders, Schizophrenia
and Bipolar Disorder.
- Possesses motivation to help create and deliver high-quality
patient care in an energizing team environment.
- Work with a dynamic and comprehensive team that includes:
Physicians, Social Workers, Case Management, Patient Care Techs,
expressive therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, physical,
occupation and speech therapy.
- Student Loan Repayment: This position may be eligible for
-Avera's -Student Loan Repayment Program, which helps you pay off
your loans and save money. Each month an extra payment of $167 (up
to $10,000) from -Avera -will help pay down your principal balance
- Positive Work Environment: -Be part of an organization where we
practice the mission in our daily operations and demonstrate our
pride by delivering excellent care.
- Career Growth: You have the opportunity to go beyond licensure
and employment requirements and become nationally
- Sign-On Bonus: May be eligible for a $6000.00
- Responsible for utilizing the Nursing Process to provide
nursing care for the patient.
- Demonstrates effective verbal, oral, and written communication
- -Demonstrates ability to perform a thorough systems
- Directs, plans, and coordinates work flow.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of Registered Nursing Education program.
- Must have current RN licensure in the state of South Dakota and
or meeting criteria.
- Current CPR, ACLS, PALS, and PALS certification or completion
upon next available program.
- Varied Shifts
- 7:00pm-7:30am or 11:00pm-7:30am
- Every other weekend and holiday involvement
- 72 hours per 2 weeks
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience. -
- $30.50 - $45.25 per hour
What Makes Avera Special?
Keywords: Avera Behavioral Health Center, Sioux Falls , Registered Nurse (RN) - Senior Unit, Healthcare , Valley Springs, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!