Registered Nurse (RN) - Pre-Post/PACU
Company: Avera McKennan Hospital
Posted on: November 20, 2023
**$6,000 Sign-On Bonus** -
Join the RN Nursing team at Avera!
Magnet Recognized: - Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health
Center has received consecutive ANCC Magnet re-designations for
meeting rigorous standards for nursing excellence and job
Culture: -Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork,
with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and
our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: - Competitive pay, free health insurance, and
options for: Student Loan Repayment Program, sign-on bonuses,
various shifts and career growth opportunities.
Avera is currently seeking Registered Nurses (RN) to deliver the
best possible nursing care in Avera's patient-focused settings.
***This position may be eligible to a $6,000 sign on bonus!!
Are you an experienced nurse looking for an opportunity to work in
a fast-paced critical care environment caring for all age groups??
Then this new position is right for you!!
- 20 Pre/Post and 14 PACU bay unit- caring for patients before
and after surgeries as well as GI, cardiac, and pulmonary
- Fast paced unit with a patient ratio of 1:3-4 in the Pre/Post
area and 1: 2 in PACU. -
- Opportunities for self-scheduling
- 8 hr and 12 hr shifts available
- Opportunities to grow in the role by leading new projects and
joining committees to improve communication with other departments.
- Opportunity to create an Exceptional Difference which is Avera
McKennan's Professional Nursing Practice Model.
- A comprehensive insurance package through Avera Health Plans
(no premium increases since 2019!!!),
- Competitive paid time off accrual (up to 40 hours front-loaded
for eligible candidates),
- Generous 403b retirement match program (up to
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP); 3-complimentary
consultations annually with a licensed counselor
***This position is eligible for Avera's Student Loan Repayment
Program, which helps you pay off your loans and save money. Each
month an extra payment of $167 (up to $10,000) from Avera will help
pay down your principal balance faster!!!***
The R.N.'s purpose is to provide quality nursing care to our
patients and to supervise the staff working with the R.N. to
coordinate cares with ancillary staff, and to communicate
effectively with the physician to ensure quality patient care.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is
strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred. - -
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota
and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure required.
Avera McKennan Hospital Awards, Recognitions & Affiliations
- 15 Top Health Systems in 2021 and 2019 by IBM Watson Health
based on quality and patient satisfaction data
- Forbes list of America's Best-in-State Employers 2019 - No. 1
in South Dakota and in the Top 20 in Minnesota
- Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart
- The Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission
***Avera McKennan has been designated a MAGNET facility 5-times in
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience. -
- $30.50 - $45.25 per hour
What Makes Avera Special?
Keywords: Avera McKennan Hospital, Sioux Falls , Registered Nurse (RN) - Pre-Post/PACU, Healthcare , Crooks, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!