Physician - Psychiatrist
Company: US Department of Veterans Affairs
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: February 10, 2019
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides a full range of psychiatric care to patients with a variety of behavioral problems with or without comorbid medical conditions. Documents observations and changes in patient's condition. Collaborates with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes; and accountable for meeting and maintaining the qualification standards of assigned specialty.
- Possess good organizational skills which enable completion of work, demonstrates ability to assume leadership in a patient centered program, and establishes effective communication with patients, families, visitors, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Must be computer literate with skills to access and input electronic medical documentation.
- Responsible for the successful achievement of applicable Performance Measures. Clinical Responsibilities:
- Psychiatrists provide telemedicine care and will need to complete Suboxone certification.
- Assists in facility initiatives to include, but not limited to, Suboxone clinics and other psychiatry clinics.
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services including assessment and uses the most current evidence based psychopharmacologic techniques in providing quality care.
- Performs consultations, screenings and evaluations Work Schedule: The tour of duty is typically Monday-Friday, with on call for inpatient ward. Nights, holidays, and weekends may be required. Additional information regarding the tour of duty for these positions will be covered during the interview process. Financial Disclosure Report: Not required Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized Throughout the duration of this vacancy announcement, applications that are received will be referred to the selecting official on a bi-weekly basis. Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board certified/board eligible preferred. The candidate should have significant accomplishments in clinical practice and educational activities which clearly distinguish the physician as having the highest professional qualifications. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary. Typically, the employee will sit to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items (such as books, papers), accessing transportation, and/or driving a government vehicle. Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:
Keywords: US Department of Veterans Affairs, Sioux Falls , Physician - Psychiatrist, Healthcare , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!