Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Seasonal Assembly Technician
Summary of Position:
Simply put, our Assembly Technician's understand how to build
things! And they are experts at doing it safely, quickly, and with
attention to detail . Our Techs understand the value they add in
supporting our retail partners by earning the trust of store
management, department staff, and the retail customer. They exhibit
this daily through their expertise, efficiency, and professionalism
as they meet the demands of this labor-intense retail service role.
It's not only the quality of the end product being assembled that
set our Technicians apart from the crowd, it's the pride they take
by being part of a team of skilled trade professionals that also
happen to be part of an organization that understands what their
work entails and rewards their performance. If you are a reliable,
motivated, mechanically inclined self-starter that thrives by
working at a fast pace, while maintaining attention to detail, then
T-ROC is the place for you to start "building" a career!
- Conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner when
interacting with store management and associates.
- Work with store management to confirm inventory to assemble and
complete all required pre-assembly reporting.
- Inform and educate store management and staff on best practices
we employ to assemble as many items as possible while
- Use understanding of the assembly process to efficiently and
quickly set up work area to allow for effective product prep, fast
builds, and movement of assembled inventory to sales floor or store
- Determine the best strategy for the order of items to be
assembled to maximize the number of products built.
- Assembly of products will include moving inventory to
appropriate work area. Work with store management to coordinate
store personnel to support these efforts whenever possible.
- While assembly of bicycles are the majority of your work;
retailers require support building outdoor grills, furniture, and
other products needing assembly for the customer or for store
display, assembling customer on-line orders as necessary.
- Exhibit the highest level of competency, safety, and accuracy
in the assembly of products.
- Understand and can demonstrate competency in completing minor
and major repairs as needed.
- Accurately capture all required information for each assembled
item and enter them into T-ROC's mobile reporting tool for proper
- Maintain and manage assembly equipment in a manner that will
keep all materials in correct working order in accordance with
T-ROC's Assembly Technician Tools / Equipment Policy.
- Complete shift-end survey reported via T-ROC's mobile reporting
tool, which may include store and market-level intelligence.
- Meet or exceed T-ROC's minimum performance standards.
- Adhere to all retailer guidelines for in-store third-party
- Maintain neat, clean appearance and exhibit professional
demeanor at all times.
- Stay up-to-date and compliant with all required technician
- Participate in all required conference calls and team
- Work with existing T-ROC Assembly Technician to meet high
demands of assembly for the holiday season.
- Meet with existing T-ROC Assembly Technician each day you are
scheduled to work and work alongside him/her to meet store assembly
business need(s). Qualifications:
- Motivation, drive, and commitment that allows
self-determination of increased income, based on daily work
- Previous work in an incentive rich, productivity-based
- Experience assembling bicycles desirable.
- Experience assembling gas grills and other home appliance
- products requiring assembly a plus.
- Mechanically inclined and have used a variety power and manual
- Can follow written and diagramed directions in the assembly of
products that require complete or partial assembly.
- An intuitive sense of how to solve unforeseen challenges to
assembling various consumer products.
- Self-starter who can manage daily store assignments and solve
problems in the assembly process with limited supervision.
- Can work steadily, with accuracy and speed for extended periods
of time while working on tasks that require standing, and regular
movement such as kneeling, bending, lifting, twisting, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Will establish confidence and positive rapport with store
management and associates.
- Present yourself and represent T-ROC in a professional manner
through your in-store appearance and behavior.
- Reliable transportation that provides the ability to transport
tools and equipment necessary to complete daily assembly
assignments to your store location.
- Working knowledge of mobile applications and ability to use
them to complete necessary work reporting requirements.
- Previous big box retail experience, preferably in a fast-paced
role requiring time sensitive completion of physical labor work
- Must be willing to adhere to "retail hours" in at least 3 days
of the week. Flexibility and willingness to work day shifts,
evening shifts, and weekends. What Can We Offer You for All Your
- End of season uncapped bonus based on performance through
- Safe and fun work environment Essential Functions:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds If you don't
yet follow us on social media, please do!
Responsibilities: Equal Opportunity Employer / Special
T-ROC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified
individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex
disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran status or genetic information. As part of this
commitment T-ROC will ensure that persons with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is
needed, please email describing the accommodation.
Notice of E-Verify Participation
T-ROC participates in E-Verify. To learn more use this link
Keywords: T-ROC, Sioux Falls , Assembler Retail, Hospitality & Tourism , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!