Stocker - Dollar Fresh
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Stocker FLSA: Hourly
Revision Date: 08/2021
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Unloads
product, opens containers, stocks shelves, replenishes and rotates
product where necessary. Primarily responsible for stocking
Grocery, Dairy, Frozen, Meat, HBC, and Wine & Spirits plus other
areas of the store as needed.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Manager and Center Store
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
the store. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner in all
areas of the store.
* Assists customers by: (examples include).
* escorting them to the products they're looking for
* securing products that are out of reach
* loading or unloading heavy items
* making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
* Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
* Unloads trucks, opens containers, stock the shelves, runs
overstock on risers and rotates product.
* Labels all product containers in the backroom and in storage
areas with date store received them.
* Tags the shelves with overstock in the back room and understock
* Monitors for mis-picked items, reviews product outs, wrong
* Organizes stock for greatest efficiency; cleans and restocks
* Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operates a cash register to complete customer transactions
accurate, efficient and prompt manner with occasional bagging while
ensuring proper handling of all forms of tender and coupons.
* Answers the telephone promptly when called upon and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
* Outside maintenance; shovel sidewalk of snow, spread ice melt on
ice, and pick up and return carts.
* Stocks supplies, cigarettes, front-end sacks, and delivers
supplies to departments.
* Assists store management as required (i.e., store displays,
decorations for special promotion/events).
* Cleans but not limited to registers, restrooms, breakroom;
backroom, sweeps and mops the floor, and tends to supply needs.
* Performs other job related duties, assists in other areas of the
store and works on special projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
Less than high school or equivalent experience. Six months or less
of similar or related work experience.
* Must be able to physically perform very heavy work, exerting in
excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, in excess of 50 pounds
of force frequently, and in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly
to move objects.
* Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
* Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
* Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving
fractions, decimals, and percentages.
* Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
This position is exposed to dirt, noise, equipment movement hazard,
and chemicals/solvents daily. This position is also occasionally
exposed to temperature extremes and the potential for electrical
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Power jack, compactor, check register, fork lift, scales, two
wheeler, and box cutter.
Responsible for supplies, stock, and for checking the cooler.
Has daily contact with community or trade/professional
organizations, suppliers/vendors, and customers.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Sioux Falls , Stocker - Dollar Fresh, Hospitality & Tourism , Harrisburg, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!