RETAIL DISTRICT MANAGER UNASSIGNED
Company: Dollar General
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Plan and lead the activities of all stores within the assigned
area of operation, including full profit and loss responsibility,
while acting within the scope of company objectives and policies to
accomplish divisional and regional goals.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Lead store teams by ensuring:
- A culture that fosters Dollar General's mission and
- Fair administration of human resources policies &
- Superior customer service through fun, friendly stores.
- Area annual sales growth that meets or exceeds company targets
through quality orders and efficient flow processes.
- All tools are effectively utilized in each store and market
resulting in superior inventory presentation and management.
- Effective planning & execution of company objectives.
- Maximization of performance & productivity through a commitment
to sensible store scheduling.
- Total development of human capital through proactive
recruitment, selection and education of employees and
- Protection of company assets through loss prevention and
- Identify and develop new business opportunities within
operational area (i.e., distribution flow improvements,
merchandising display efforts, store growth and real estate site
selection, recruiting strategy, training and development
priorities, employee Relations, customer service, systems
- Consistent and effective communication of divisional and
regional priorities to store teams.QualificationsKNOWLEDGE and
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership including the ability
to model total development and serve as a steward of Dollar
General's mission and values.
- Demonstrated record of achieving performance goals and
- Financial analysis skills sufficient to interpret operating
statements and other financial reporting data, manage budgets, and
- Demonstrated ability to produce desired results by leveraging
resources, maintaining tough expense control, managing merchandise
effectively, and defining and communicating clear
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced
environment while demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills
including a willingness to consistently provide superior customer
service, the ability to react appropriately under pressure, and the
ability to apply good judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in collaboration with
team to achieve objectives in a participative management style.WORK
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Four+ years retail management experience with progressively
more responsibility, managing multi-unit operations in retail,
grocery or convenience store operations with full P&L
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- "Big-box" retail management and/or equivalent education and
experience combination will be considered.COMPETENCIES:
- Drives results by identifying opportunities to improve
- Works efficiently by planning and organizing work to achieve
goals and objectives.
- Focuses on customers by anticipating customer need, overcoming
obstacles, and continually striving to improve customer
- Applies effective analytical skills by integrating complex
information, while balancing tactical and strategic
- Provides effective leadership by maintaining an environment
that promotes teamwork and maximizes individual potential.
- Communicates effectively by providing clear and timely
communication and demonstrating effective listening skills.
- Demonstrates adaptability by adjusting to changing business
Note: This position requires weekly travel in a company-provided
vehicle with limited overnight stays; a current driver's license
and acceptable driving history is required.
_#CC##DG-LIWe can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here
to get started.
Keywords: Dollar General, Sioux Falls , RETAIL DISTRICT MANAGER UNASSIGNED, Hospitality & Tourism , Milford, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!