Company: Aladdin Campus Dining
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Position Summary:This position has responsibility for
supervising production, culinary standards, sanitation and training
for the contracted client's retail/catering food service team.Key
- Plan, organize and supervise daily culinary operation of retail
and catering services.
- Plan menus based on such factors as market trends, customer
preferences and nutritional considerations; design recipes,
determine appropriate ingredients and specify individual serving
portion for each recipe.
- Develop menus in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional
needs, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary
constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to
include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and
recipe testing and menu development.
- Direct and coordinate the work of production and dish room
- Maintain proper production, safety and sanitation
- Direct and participate in the daily preparation of standard and
gourmet food items.
- Evaluate the quality of raw food and ensure the quality of the
- Plan, develop and supervise a culinary team using a
comprehensive menu management program.
- Ensure overall consistency and high quality across the various
- Develop culinary training programs for food production
employees and serve as a culinary resource to promote quality food
- Inspection of assigned units to observe quality of food
preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and
sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee
- Plan, develop and implement culinary production for special
events, monotony breakers, and catered functions.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and display of
menu items for special functions.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth
progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Maintain proper inventory controls for food, supplies, and
equipment. Interview, select, train and evaluate supervisory and
- Handle corrective action process with human resources and make
- Control revenue and expenses to ensure financial goals.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns from faculty, staff, and
- Maintain university policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Requirements:
- Certification by a recognized culinary institution or an
equivalent combination of education and experience is
- Demonstrated institutional, hotel, or restaurant culinary
skills to include large quantity production.
- Must have 3- 5 years of culinary management experience.
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication skills are
- A proven track record of successfully controlling costs and
managing annual budgets.
- Experience with a computerized menu management system, and
knowledge of office and industry software applications is
- Ability to effectively supervise and train a diverse work
Keywords: Aladdin Campus Dining, Sioux Falls , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!