Floral Department Manager
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Floral Department Manager page is loaded Floral Department
Manager Apply locations Sioux Falls #6, E57th St, Sioux Falls, SD
time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id
R74025 At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a helpful
smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other.Job Description:Job Title: Floral
Department ManagerDepartment: FloralFLSA: Non-ExemptGeneral
Function:Sets the department standards for customer service,
employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional
appearance and overall profitability. Coordinates the delivery of
the freshest and best quality product at a competitive retail
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
- ProfessionalismReporting Relations:Accountable and Reports to:
District Store Director, Store Manager, Assistant Managers of
Perishables, Store Operations, and Health Wellness HomePositions
that Report to you: Floral Department EmployeesPrimary Duties and
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of
friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to
greet and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous, and
efficient service to customers and sets a good example.
- Sets the department standards for customer service, employee
relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call including taking product orders.
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, disciplines, and evaluates
all department employees.
- Understands and processes FTD, interstore, Teleflora orders,
and Internet orders.
- Determines department goals with store director or manager of
- Determines weekly work schedule and establishes a daily work
plan for the department.
- Inspects signage and displays for quality and quantity of
merchandise and orders product for replenishment.
- Communicates with employees regarding sales and ideas.
- Handles and satisfies customer issues.
- Figures retail pricing and ensures correct pricing.
- Extends invoices, posts invoices, and oversees department
- Analyzes weekly and monthly sales and trends and compares to
actuals, prepares ad projections, and writes ads.
- Conducts inventory of the department and controls inventory
- Plans displays, promotions, and determines pre-orders.
- Ensures proper temperatures and storage procedures are
maintained to guarantee freshness and control shrink of
- Understands and troubleshoots equipment and ensures maintenance
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Secondary Duties and
- Ensures pricing is competitive in the market area.
- Attends meetings and seminars and participates in continuing
- Fills displays and works in the sales area.
- Unloads trucks, checks in delivered merchandise and places
product in appropriate storage area.
- Performs departmental duties as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
- Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others.
- Maintains standards, coordinates activities, allocates
personnel, acts on employee problems, and selects new
- Has the authority to approve employee discipline.
- Has the authority to recommend employee transfer, discharge,
and wage increases.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited
standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
- Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy
data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic
information; guide people and provide basic direction.Education and
Experience:High School or over three years of related work
experience preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently,
and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
repetitive motions.Working Conditions:The duties for this position
are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant
pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. There is
exposure to dirt, noise, dangerous chemicals/solvents, dampness and
temperature extremes.Equipment Used to Perform Job:Telephone, fax,
copier, intercom system, pallet jacks, trash compactor, cardboard
compactor, box cutter, computer, calculator, cash register,
ribbon shears, wire cutters, knives, helium tank, and manual
chopper, C.A.R.S. reordering system.Financial
Responsibility:Responsible for company assets, including equipment
and merchandise.Contacts:Daily contact with customers, employees,
suppliers/vendors, and the general public. Occasional contact with
local, federal or state regulatory agencies regarding
inspections.Confidentiality:Has access to confidential information
including, employee compensation, monthly results, quarterly
inventory reports, sales and profit sheets, and warehouse pricing.
Maintains confidentiality on orders placed (including, who sent,
who received, order, and cost).Are you ready to smile, apply
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Sioux Falls , Floral Department Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...