Company: FastTek Global
Posted on: May 6, 2021
FASTTEK GLOBAL powered by Fast Switch - Great Lakes Alpena,
System Administrator #515100
The employee(s) assigned to this position work daily resolving
customer issues, troubleshooting network issues, and ensuring that
all systems/databases are operating within normal parameters.
Additionally, this position is tasked to act as the alternate
Equipment Custodian for the Base Network Control Center (BNCC) and
oversees, when required, the distribution of new assets and also
the turn-in of outdated assets.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and
procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and
pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Primary job functions do not typically require exercising
- The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective
provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and
maintenance of computer hardware and software and related
infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research
and development to enable continuing innovation within the
- This individual ensures that system hardware, operating
systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to State
policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Responsibilities include systems administration engineering and
provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and
development to ensure continual innovation.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware,
peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in
accordance with standards and project/operational
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key
processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying
completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Perform regular
security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.--
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file
systems and system data are successfully backed up to the
appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media
is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary. Create,
change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various
constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Diagnose and
recover from hardware or software failures.--
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies. Apply
OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade
administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS
infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per
project or operational needs. Maintain operational, configuration,
or other procedures.--
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and
resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk
partitions as required. Maintain data center environmental and
monitoring equipment. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular
basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure /
add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software or Asset Management
applications per project or operational needs. Maintain
operational, configuration, or other procedures.--
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity
planning. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades,
and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Years of Experience:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the field or in a related
- Candidates must have 2 years of experience in working in Active
- Candidates must have 2 years of experience in demonstrated
background in customer service orientation, issue resolution, and
ability to train end customers
- Candidates must have the ability to work autonomously -
independent of direct supervision
- Candidates must have or be able to obtain military security
clearance of at least Secret Clearance
- Candidates must have active Security+ certification
- Military background and/or experience and knowledge of military
- Experience in managing multiple equipment accounts and
knowledge of Air Force equipment inventory accounting systems
- Candidates with additional network certifications (A+, CCNA,
- Citizenship and an I-9 verification is required along with drug
At FastTek Global,--Our Purpose--is--Our People--andOur Planet. We
come to work each day and are reminded we are--helping people find
their success stories.--Also,--Doing the right thing is our mantra.
We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have
a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain,
old-fashioned--hard work for--24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that
is--100% consultant--and--client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being--fast,
flexible,--creative--andhonest. Throw out everything you've heard,
seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting Company. We do unique
things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our--flexible
benefit--options you can choose the benefits you need or want,
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary)
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee
FastTek Global was named one of the--Top Work Places--in Michigan
by the Detroit Free Press in--2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,
To view all of our open positions go
Follow us on Twitter:--https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on
Find us on LinkedIn:--https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on
Wishing you all a happy Valentine's Day! Today is all about love
whether it's with friends, family or a significant other - send
love to those who you care about today Join @ TAG_SCL on Feb 11 for
a discussion on Diversity & Careers Post-Pandemic!
Leaders at @ UPS + @ FastTekGlobal will discuss how 2021 is
adapting to changes in the workforce + creating innovative ways to
move forward inclusively.
Sign Up: https:// bit.ly/3rdejlW # diversity Spreading holiday
cheer virtually with our sales and recruiting team. Our annual
holiday party was a little different this year. We love seeing our
team in person but it was great to connect from the comfort of our
Happy holidays from our team to yours! Rise & grind it's finally
time for our BIG announcement. Fast Switch - Great Lakes assumes
the name FastTek Global additional details are below! Thanks a
latte for tuning in for our BIG announcement tomorrow! We cannot
espresso how excited we are to share this news with you! Perk up
and stay tuned! We have exciting news brewing that we will be
announcing later this week. Who is excited for this announcement?
We're hiring! Check out our current hot job opportunities! Take a
moment today to focus on your wellness and your brain health by
following these simple steps.
1. Get more sleep: aim for at least 8 hours of sleep tonight
2. Turn off electronics 60 minutes before bed
3. Make a list of anything on your mind to clear your head There
are no more Tweets in this timeline.
Keywords: FastTek Global, Sioux Falls , System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Alpena, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!