Senior Software Engineer
Company: Raven Industries
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Raven, we aspire to solve some of the world's greatest
challenges. This purpose drives the work and passion of our team
members, and it unites our businesses. For over 65 years, we've
collaborated together, learned together, grown together, and served
together. Discover a career with Raven and help us solve the
world's next great challenge.In Raven Applied Technology, our team
members help farmers grow more food and operate sustainably. From
field computers, sprayer controls, and software services, to fully
autonomous driverless ag technology, we develop solutions that
solve challenges for ag professionals around the globe. Join our
team to work on disruptive, life-changing, and autonomous
technologies that are shaping the future of
agriculture.SUMMARYDesign, develop, and evaluate embedded software
from concept through production stage, and make modifications as
- Research, write, develop, test, and evaluate embedded software
- Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to software
- Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or
enhancement of existing software.
- Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of
- Work with external customers to troubleshoot and solve
- Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering
assistance to internal teams or external customers.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering
design, methods, and applications.
- May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new
or existing software.Has broad knowledge and skills in the
- Assignments are broad in nature requiring creativity and
- Responsible for defining technical approaches and tasks related
to activities and projects.
- Performs moderate technical work that requires experience.
- Capable of defining appropriate approaches and solutions.
- Able to define critical project criteria to ensure project
- May act as lead on projects and guide lower level engineers and
- Experienced engineer with 5+ years of career experience, with
Bachelor's degree. 3+ years experience with Master's degree. PHD
entry level. Or equivalent combination of education and
- Furthers knowledge of profession through continued education
and/or seeking mentorship.
- Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related
to position, as identified by department leadership.
- Trained in the use of python andC/C++.
- Experience with embedded RTOS.
- Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
- High level of customer service skills.
- Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving
- Proficiency with a computer, including use of Microsoft Word
- Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and
- Travel may be necessary, based on position.
- US Citizenship may be required, based on position.BENEFITS TO
Not all benefits are created equal, but we've got you covered.
Raven not only offers a wide range of benefits that encourage
wellness and preventative care, but we also provide the right tools
and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes
medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and disability insurance
and 401k. We offer workplace flexibility policies to promote
work/life balance in addition to paid time off (PTO) benefit. Team
Members can also take advantage of additional benefit programs such
as education assistance, our onsite fitness center or fitness
center reimbursement, employee assistance program (EAP) and much
Raven is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all
qualified employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital
status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law.#LI-JO1
Keywords: Raven Industries, Sioux Falls , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!