Cloud Software Test Automation Engineer
Company: SENCORE INC
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DetailsLevelExperiencedJob LocationSD - Sioux Falls,
SDPosition TypeFull TimeEducation Level4 Year DegreeTravel
PercentageNegligibleJob ShiftDayCloud Software Test & Automation
EngineerPosition Summary:The "Cloud Software Test and Automation
Engineer - Staff" is responsible for acting as a test lead as well
as thorough test and of Sencore software and Cloud. Position will
also develop test plans, procedures, software, automation, and test
cases to evaluate product against the products' defined EPS and
customer use cases, ensuring compliance as well as adequate margin
in order to improve overall performance, avoid customer
escalations, and reduce manufacturing costs. Maybe called upon to
direct other TE's and support staff for assigned releases.Primary
- Responsible for developing a test plan addressing all items
identified by Product Management, R&D, and Test Management
requirements. To include test processes, contingencies, costs,
time, equipment, etc.
- Responsible for feasibility checks to determine whether the
test plan and methodology is feasible.
- Responsible for daily/weekly overall status of current product
release test lead assignments which includes gathering and
consolidating feedback from other assigned test support members and
reporting to the Test Manager and project stake-holders.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on industry technologies,
which may include attending an outside class or extensive seminar
and attending in house technical classes whenever possible.
- Responsible for working directly with design engineering
department when questions arrive or when additional help with test
support is required. Additional responsibilities include helping
identify/coordinate with the Test Manager and stakeholders for
additional test resources as needed.Testing:
- Responsible for adequate testing to ensure the final product
will meet published specifications and requirements, as well as
potential customer use cases/expectations.
- Testing will include seeing that all software and equipment
required to perform the job are identified, researched for
appropriate use, proposed to the appropriate staff for budgeting
and requisition, and that equipment meets standards for use. Test
Automation Software Development:
- Responsible for the test automation software overall.
Responsible for delivering quality work.
- Responsible for documenting all work as needed. Responsible for
following department standards. Perform unit and integration tests
- Responsible for prototyping and analysis of design. To include
writing, testing, troubleshooting, analyzing, etc. of the test
automation software design.
- Responsible for testing throughout the design.
- Responsible for product profitability, timeliness, and price of
the assigned project.
- Responsible for participating in design reviews, including
presenting own work for review by senior engineers. Responsible for
being proactive in asking for review by senior engineers.Quality:
- Shall use the SOPs of Engineering, including the Golden Rules
of Engineering, throughout design. Refer to them and understand the
reasons for the SOP's.
- Responsible for overall quality and customer experience of
product including acceptable QA yields and minimal field
complaints. Also expected to provide suggestions for improving a
product's user interface and functionality.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation of records in labs
books and other written communication including the creation and
use of formal templates, test plan/procedures, and other reporting
- Must properly document issues with complete information to aid
the design engineers, system engineering, and product management in
finding corrective action.Education &
- BSCS, BSSE, BSEE, BSEET, or related degree is required. MS
degree is a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience testing cloud software
- At least 2 years of experience in test automation development,
preferably in cloud-based applications
- At least 2 years of experience in a few of the scripting
- At least 2 years of dev-ops test environment in agile
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, YAML, Json
- Working knowledge of Linux and windows administration
- Working knowledge in Manual tests, GUI tests, Acceptance tests
(API layer), Unit tests/Component tests. Working knowledge of at
least one of the flowing eight categories, in the context below:
- Source Control (using Git, Bitbucket, SVN, VSTS etc)
- Continuous Integration (using Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS,
- Infrastructure Automation (using Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration (using Jenkins, VSTS,
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Cloud (using AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud, Openstack)
- Continuous testing: Jira/Zephyr, TestComplete, SoapUI,
Selenium, TestNG, JUnit/NUnit Skills:
- Able to direct other test engineers and staff as project lead
for assigned project.
- Plans work with Project Manager and gains approval on tasks and
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Able to understand common practices in a wide variety of
engineering areas including: software and Server/PC hardware.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write software programs using a variety of
programming languages (as listed in experience section) to execute
testing of hardware, software, and firmware is a plus.
- Knowledge of Video Audio broadcast and associated Test &
Measurement technologies is a plus, but not required.
Keywords: SENCORE INC, Sioux Falls , Cloud Software Test Automation Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!