Machine Programmer - Metal Fabrication
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Responsibilities Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the
world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display
systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide
vital travel information in airports and train stations and along
highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more
as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators
experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to
the major leagues. Learn moreAbout Daktronics
(https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/about-us) ! Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility will be creating programs for metal
fabrication equipment, including: Trumpf CNC sheet metal punch,
Elumatec CNC extrusion machining center, and Trumpf press brake
- Create programs by following established standards and
practices, and with emphasis on:
- Safe operation of equipment.
- Meeting part specifications and tolerances.
- Efficient use of material, minimizing scrap cost.
- Efficient operation of equipment, maximizing output, and
- Complete work efficiently following sequence set by production
scheduling and direct supervisor.
- Accurate completion and organization of order processing and
- Ability to operate equipment to verify safety, quality,
material usage, and machine performance of programs.
- Make suggestions for product and process improvement, and work
with various personnel to implement improvements.
- Flex into machine operator or other production roles regularly
to achieve an agile workforce.
- Be flexible, open to change, and ready to perform other duties
as assigned and needed to meet customer, department, or factory
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Associates degree in Manufacturing Technology, Robotics,
Computer, or related major is preferred.
- High School Diploma with minimum 2 years of manufacturing
experience is required. Must have minimum 6 months experience in
- Experience operating a CNC punch is required.
- Computer keyboard, Windows, and Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with TOPS and CAD software preferred.
- Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner. Able to
inspect own work.
- Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills required. Fluent
in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interact with a variety of personnel in a positive,
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Regularly and reliably work scheduled hours, flexibility to
work overtime as business need dictates.
- Physical requirements include the ability to:
- Work in an environment with these types of smells: paint,
solvent, and solder.
- Frequently lift 35 lbs. Occasionally to frequently lift 45
lbs., in some work areas.
- Stand for the full shift with planned breaks. The duration of
standing between breaks varies from 2-3 hours depending on work
- Work from heights, including working from ladders and
- Reach in all directions (up, down, side-to-side, and diagonal
reaching), including some awkward reaching to insert components in
difficult to reach sections of the product.
- Maintain steady hand/eye coordination.
- Identify wire and paint colors.
- Read fine print.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area
in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA
- Ability and willingness to travel by air and ground. A valid
drivers license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will
- Ability to meet all workplace safety requirements, which
includes following safety protocols related to COVID-19.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas
for this position. Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status. If
you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law,
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically
for you!Job ID2022-5453LocationBrookings, South DakotaType Full
Time Shift Day
Keywords: Daktronics, Sioux Falls , Machine Programmer - Metal Fabrication, IT / Software / Systems , Brookings, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!