Senior Information Security Analyst/Technical Area Lead (TAL)
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT) (http://sgt-inc.com) is seeking a Senior Information Security Analyst/TAL to join the SGT Team in support of the Center-wide Information Security Services team in providing information security best practices to users and science organizations. SGT is the prime contractor to the USGS Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center (http://eros.usgs.gov/) near Sioux Falls, South Dakota (http://www.siouxfalls.org) providing support in the areas of science, engineering and technical operations. SGT offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Education: BS in Engineering, Computer Science or other related field required; advanced degree is preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum of a BS plus 8 or MS plus 4 years progressively- complex professional experience specifically related to Information Security. Additional directly- related professional experience may be substituted for education at the discretion of the hiring manager.
* Technical Area Lead responsibilities include--
* Leading and coordinating project activities with other security analysts to meet or exceed deadlines.
* Leading a series of security activities in pursuit of a specific goal (e.g. Lead Technician for a project).
* Leading project priorities and responsibility for the completion of those priorities and reporting on task status/results to the Infrastructure Operations Lead.
* Expected to be forward thinking and work closely with the Infrastructure Operations and Engineering staff to formulate solutions and create efficiencies.
* Ensuring system information security requirements are achieved on complex systems of small, mid-size, or large scope;
* Providing information security expert advice and support during the entire systems engineering life cycle from the specification and analysis of requirements, through the design of hardware or software, procurement, development, to integration, test, operations and maintenance;
* Providing analysis, definition, and the recommendation of information assurance and security requirements for advancing Information Security technologies of computing and network infrastructures.
* Ensure systems are in compliance with NIST 800-53 security control requirements.
* Provide incident response support in order to document incidents, findings and mitigations, audit and compliance.
* Perform vulnerability assessment scans.
* Proven written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
* Knowledgeable with Windows/Linux/Mac systems
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Results oriented.
* Experience developing security plans and other security documents.
* Experience working with Information Security risk assessments, vulnerability assessment, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention and automated log monitoring.
* CISSP or advanced security certification (CISA, CISM) is highly desired.
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the SGT website (Http://www.sgt-inc.com). This position may be filled by a SGT teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Keywords: SGT,Inc., Sioux Falls , Senior Information Security Analyst/Technical Area Lead (TAL), IT / Software / Systems , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!