Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: May 17, 2019
KBR (formerly SGT) has an immediate need for an energetic and
dynamic Software Engineer at its Sioux Falls, SD location. KBR is
the primary contractor to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) for
performing work at the Earth Resources Observation and Science
(EROS) Center near Sioux Falls. The multidisciplinary staff, in
partnership with NASA, uses their unique expertise in remote
sensing-based science and technologies to carry out research, data
acquisition, information access and management and archive
preservation to provide satellite ground imagery data to users and
science organizations around the world. This effort represents the
world's longest continuously-acquired collection of space-based
moderate-resolution land remote sensing data with over four decades
The Software Engineer's role is to develop and maintain software
throughout the software lifecycle (requirements analysis through
maintenance); analyze and interpret technical data using
statistical and mathematical methods and techniques; analyze system
and user requirements and generate software requirements; develop
preliminary and detailed software designs; develop software code
from designs; develop test plans and procedures, test data, and
test routines; perform all software maintenance activities
necessary to maintain/enhance existing software systems; work under
limited supervision. In addition, this role will fulfill software
configuration management responsibilities, including maintenance of
configuration management tools, management of software builds and
developing build automation.
Education: Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Software
Engineering, or related field.
Experience: Two to Four years of experience in a Software
Engineering environment or a Master's Degree in a related field
* Communicate and coordinate activities and technical status with
the Software Engineering Lead, Systems Engineer, and other Project
team members, as appropriate.
* Ensure all software activities are conducted in accordance with
the Software Development Life Cycle.
* Conduct Software Configuration Management, build and automate
* Provide support for software planning including software
requirements definition, activity identification, and
* Perform and document preliminary and detailed design of
components making up a software product.
* Perform code development for assigned tasks.
* Develop and conduct unit testing.
* Document the testing effort through generation of test plans,
procedures, and reports.
* Submit, analyze, and manage configuration change requests in
accordance with established Configuration Management (CM)
* Ensure proper process is followed and documentation is properly
* Participate in peer reviews.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Knowledge of software engineering methodology
* Experience with code repositories such as GitHub
* Experience with code deployment tools such as Jenkins
* Java experience
* C/C++ knowledge
* Relational database knowledge (PostgreSQL/Oracle)
* Unix/Linux experience
* Systems Engineering knowledge
* Experience developing and deploying in a cloud environment
* Perl experience
* Python experience
* GUI Development
* Image processing
Candidates must have strong technical knowledge, excellent
communication skills, and a teamwork emphasis. Candidates must also
be able to integrate into a highly-skilled Information Technology
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency
check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for
facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on
the KBR website (http://www.sgt-inc.com).
This position may be filled by a KBR teammate on the TSSC Contract.
Please apply on line.KBRwyle is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a
fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job
applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT
hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their
qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that
employees should be provided with a working environment which
enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her
ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of
intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or
disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees
in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Keywords: SGT,Inc., Sioux Falls , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!