Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: September 12, 2019
KBR (formerly Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT)) has an
immediate need for an energetic and dynamic Software Engineer at
its Sioux Falls, SD location. KBR, headquartered in Houston Texas,
is the primary contractor to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) for
performing work at the Earth Resources Observation and Science
(EROS) Center near Sioux Falls, SD.
If you possess a Software Engineering background and discipline, we
encourage you to join our talented, multidisciplinary team. You
will contribute to and be responsible for developing and
maintaining cutting edge, front end and back end systems, user
interfaces and applications used for the management of,
visualization of, and distribution of remotely sensed satellite and
This full-time Software Engineering opportunity will provide you
with a continued software development experience with progressing
responsibility. This work in software development will be exciting
In your Software Engineering role, you will:
* Design and build applications and services using modern software
development practices and tools
* Submit, analyze, and execute assigned configuration change
requests in accordance with established Configuration Management
* Use software design and maintenance techniques that address
lifecycle security concepts.
* Document preliminary and detailed designs of modules and
components that make up a software product.
* Participate in peer reviews, generate test plans, procedures, and
provide content to reports.
* Support system anomaly analysis, investigation and
* Communicate with and provide technical status reports on assigned
activities to the Software Engineering Lead, Systems Engineer, and
other Project Team members, as appropriate.
* Support special projects, tasks, and or initiatives as
Our ideal candidate:
* Holds a bachelor s degree in computer science, software
engineering, mathematics, or related field.
* Has at least 1 to 2 years experience in a software development
role focused towards image processing with a GIS emphasis.
* Is experienced and comfortable working in Unix/Linux
* Will have excellent interpersonal, organizational and
* Possesses the ability to work independently as well as part of a
* Can adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project
and deadline-oriented environment.
* Has development experience with relational databases such as
Oracle and Postgres.
* Has development experience and knowledge with at least three of
the following languages: Python, R, Perl, C++, including bash
* Has knowledge of GIS image processing tools such as ENVI, GDAL
and Geographic mapping technologies such as Leaflet Maps API, KML,
* Has development experience and knowledge with NetBeans, Eclipse,
Visual Studio, or other integrated development environments
* Possesses a working knowledge of software development management
tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GIT, and or Jenkins.
* Has working experience with using office automation tools such as
MS Office Suite.
* May be familiar with or have working knowledge of AWS cloud
reference architectures and AWS best practices, including AWS
databases (RDS, Aurora and PostgreSQL).
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency
check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for
facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on
the KBR/SGT website (Http://www.sgt-inc.com). This position may be
filled by a KBR teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a
fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job
applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT
hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their
qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that
employees should be provided with a working environment which
enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her
ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of
intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or
disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees
in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Keywords: SGT,Inc., Sioux Falls , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!