Traffic Export Clerk
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Your OpportunityThe Traffic Export Clerk is responsible for the
coordination, planning and execution of export orders. This role
performs clerical work associated with exporting products to
foreign countries.Core Responsibilities
- Print export orders, type FSIS certifications and export
- Verifies accuracy of shipment information and accurately
completes export documentation based on the requirements of
- Communicates with various departments such as Sales, USDA,
Quality Assurance, and Shipping in regards to the status of
exports, escalating issues where appropriate.
- Administers the efficient movement of goods while ensuring
compliance with relevant local, country and international export
laws and processes. Keep updated on all FSIS export regulations and
documentation requirements.The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as
assigned.QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience in customer problem solving is very helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience
with SAP a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Has the ability to multitask and work in a fast paced
environment in an organized manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.Work
Environment & Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here
are representative of those an employee should possess to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and
ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle, or feel, and
talk or hear.Work Environment & Physical DemandsThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside
of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or
humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat
(non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts,
exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can
be loud when in the production area.EEO/AA InformationSmithfield is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with disability, or any other protected group status
or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Refer this job
to a friendConnect With Us!Not ready to apply?for general
FallsCategoryHidden (17033)TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusHourlyShift1st
Keywords: Smithfield, Sioux Falls , Traffic Export Clerk, Other , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!