Company: Journey Group
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Black Top Paving, a division of Journey Group, started in the
1950's with the advent of the Interstate Highway System and the
growing need for paved roads in and around Sioux Falls. We continue
to be a full-service paver including driveways, parking lots, and
roads. We are looking for a safety-minded Concrete Foreman as we
continue to grow and meet the paving needs of Sioux Falls region.
This position is benefit eligible and the wage is negotiable
depending on experience.Position SummaryLead and labor alongside
concrete team, pouring and finishing concrete slabs, street
pavement and curb and gutter. Coordinate production to drive
improvement; including safety compliance, reliability, quality,
production and costs. Support processes that deliver valued
products and services to the customer. Essential Functions and
- Read blueprints and communicate with Superintendent to
interpret plans for information pertaining to the layout and
- Lead crews on all operations and delegate tasks
- Work closely with Superintendent to assist in job
- Assist with hiring, training, and evaluating team members.
- Operate and maintain all equipment and tools.
- Comply and take responsibility to ensure all company safety
requirements and policies are being met.
- Ensure that all processes are followed and meet quality control
- Organizes job site for material storage, equipment, and
- Professionally communicate with owners, customers, general
contractors, and subcontractors.
- Create and maintain good working relationships with all
- Promote and emulate the core values of Journey Group.Education
and Experience Five (5) years of concrete construction related
experience required, plus technical education or certification; or
a combination of education and experience to meet the essential
functions of the position. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities To
effectively perform the duties of a Concrete Foreman, individual
must be able to demonstrate a number of competencies that are
essential to the position, which include:
- Ability to read and understand plans.
- Ability to read, understand and follow grade stakes and
- A valid Class A CDL driver's license and provide evidence of
- Strong understanding of Heavy Equipment and Maintenance.
- Ability to learn various PC-based production reporting systems
- Coordinated enough to perform job safely and quickly.
- Good oral and written communication skills, interacts
appropriately with others
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Good organizational/planning skills, proactive, has a sense of
- Leadership abilities to influence others, teambuilding
- Analytical and critical thinkingAdept at problem-solving;
identifying issues and finding resolutions.Bilingual in Spanish and
English preferred, but not required.Benefits:Here are just a few of
the benefits you will experience as a part of the Journey Group:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Wellness Program
- 401k with a Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Growth OpportunitiesIf you enjoy leading a team, working
outdoors, physical labor, and are safety oriented, then this could
be the position for you! Apply online or stop in and fill out an
application at 4500 W 58th Street, Sioux Falls.Journey Group is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Journey Group, Sioux Falls , Concrete Foreman, Other , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!