Company: Maintainer Corp of Iowa
Posted on: May 6, 2021
General Responsibility Statement:The Environmental Health &
Safety Coordinator assures compliance with environmental, health,
and safety regulations as required by company policies and
compliance organizations such as OSHA, EPA, and the Iowa DNR. This
position covers all Maintainer Corporation of Iowa, Inc. locations
and facilities by spending at least half of their day working with
production personnel on safety improvements in the manufacturing
environment. This position is responsible for assuring that
safety/environmental training programs and policies are
administered on a timely, fair, and legal basis.Essential Job
- Assure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local
governmental regulations including environmental, health & safety
- Maintain compliance with 29 CFR 1910 and state
- Drives process improvement efforts to reduce/eliminate risk for
workplace injuries. Plans and coordinates projects as needed.
Conducts accident and near miss investigations. Investigates safety
concerns to ensure hazards are identified and addressed
- Interact with all regulatory agencies to assure ongoing
compliance as well as compliance of any process changes or the
addition of new processes to the facility.
- Assurance that all regulatory permits are kept current.
- Keep up to date with new regulations and regulatory
- Develop and lead Environmental, Health & Safety Training for
- Coordinate annual projects including, CPR / First Aid response,
flu shots and hearing tests
- Maintain SDS's on file and include GHS training with all new
- Train Managers and Supervisors on Environmental, Health &
- Conduct new-hire employee safety orientation.
- Maintain complete records on inspections with all Federal,
State and Local governmental visits and inspections.
- Maintain an inventory of all types of PPE used by plant
- Develop Job Safety Analyses for various jobs and determine
appropriate PPE required for each job.
- Must be familiar with all plant equipment for EHS
- Work with various vendors and contractors to ensure safe
practices in the local facility.
- Prepare reports and statistical analysis of Environmental
Health and Safety data for plant and corporate review.
- Participates on the Safety Action Team and serves as a resource
for management and employees on safety-related policies.
- Performs other duties as requested by management. Qualification
Requirements:To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill,
and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Education, Reasoning Ability, and or Experience:Associate
degree in Industrial Safety or related field and/or equivalent
experience in an industrial plant. Two years or more of Safety
experience in an industrial or manufacturing facility. Prior
exposure to environmental compliance preferred. Formal training
related to OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and state OSHA regulations preferred.
Excellent observation skills - able to identify potential safety
hazards. Demonstrated understanding of EHS laws and regulations.
Communication and Language skills:Must possess strong business
communication skills. Works well with others in one-on-one and in
group situations. Must be able to communicate effectively to a wide
range of employees from entry level to upper management. The
ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals is
required. Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence
that project professionalism and competence to both internal and
external customers. Must be capable of handling sensitive
information in a completely confidential manner. Physical
Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear for long periods of
time. This position will frequently be required to type and look at
a computer screen for long periods of time. The employee frequently
is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and
walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to noise, fumes and or
airborne particulate in the manufacturing environment. When in the
manufacturing environment, the use of appropriate personal
protective equipment deemed necessary by the company is
required.Other Skills and Abilities:Possesses basic computer and
keyboarding skills. Familiar with all Microsoft Office products
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Qualified
candidates must possess strong people relations skills. Displays a
positive attitude and friendly personality towards internal and
external customers. Must possess strong verbal communication skills
and the ability to handle difficult conversations in a calm and
professional manner at all times. Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
Keywords: Maintainer Corp of Iowa, Sioux Falls , EHS Coordinator, Other , Sheldon, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!