Beavercreek, OH Area -- Lead Merchandiser (28904)
Company: Bell Nursery
Location: Beaver Creek
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Are you passionate about nature, the environment, saving the
pollinators and an advocate of sustainability? Well, look no
further-this is the job for you!
Join our Lead Merchandiser team and spend time working with
beautiful blooming plants alongside fun team members at your local
Home Depot Garden Centers. You can expect a flexible schedule,
eligibility for overtime, and referral bonuses!
The Lead Merchandiser (LM) is responsible for overseeing the
merchandising of two or more Home Depot Garden Centers in a
District. Responsibilities include merchandising to company
standards, implementing store promotions, setting weekly ads,
working in conjunction with their District Manager/Market Manager
to monitor inventory levels, ensuring inventory accuracy, and
supporting the on-boarding and coaching of new hires while
achieving sales objectives within a timely manner. Lead
Merchandisers are also ultimately responsible for ensuring the
highest level of customer service throughout their Garden Centers.
A Lead Merchandiser is a role model and leader. They must solve
problems, make informed decisions, and assist their team members in
order to achieve maximum results.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Train and coach staff in the execution of daily tasks and best
- Ensure ongoing work objectives are met.
- Provide constructive suggestions, encouragement, honest
feedback, and expectations to fellow team members.
- Help monitor safety and maintenance issues in the Garden
- Model Bell safety practices and procedures.
- Ensure and maintain compliance of company policy for reporting
accidents and incidents.
- Communicate and implement Bell Nursery Plan-O-Gram program as
directed by leadership.
- Maintain and open proper channels of communication between Bell
Nursery, our client, and vendor partners.
- Ensure team compliance of company policies and standards.
- Help identify and solve problems that affect the Garden
Center's efficiency, productivity and overall service.
- Support store personnel and initiate tasks/work as needed.
- Any other tasks as directed by the leadership.
- Travel between stores to lead, work alongside with, and support
merchandising teams in area stores.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to build relationships, train, develop and mobilize
- Ability to help facilitate store operations and to merchandise
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to maintain a fair and consistent set of standards for
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner.
- Listen actively to ensure understanding of material and pass
direction from leadership on to team members.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule including nights,
weekends, and holidays.
- Retail or merchandiser experience preferred.
- Previous experience as team lead, team coordinator, store
supervisor or similar, highly desired.
- Ability to travel to and work with and coordinate teams at
several different sites.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and follow-through
- Basic computer skills including smart phone technology and
ability to use applications.
- Basic knowledge of horticulture and gardening preferred, but
- Ability to lift or move up to 40lbs on regular basis.
- Must have reliable, consistent transportation. Will be
reimbursed for mileage between stores.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Bell Nursery, Sioux Falls , Beavercreek, OH Area -- Lead Merchandiser (28904), Other , Beaver Creek, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!